CHAPTER 8

Disclaimer: This chapter contains mature content. Read at your own risk! Also, thank you for all the votes and support. It makes my day to read your comments and inspires me to keep writing. Enjoy! 

It was like taking a step into a whole different world. The second she got out from the cab, she found herself surrounded by classy luxury meant for those of wealth and power. Nikolai was both; she supposed. 

This was the chocolate on the pillow type of hotel. A single night could make her broke for life. Angelique couldn't help feeling out of place. Her cherry red dress looked cheap in comparison of silk, shiny jewels and fur coats some women proudly wore around their shoulders. 

Nervously, she adjusted her jacket, slowly making her way further down the impressive lobby. 

"Miss Ryans?" Before she had even managed to reach the front desk, a man in a black suit with name tag that read Joel, came up to her.

"Y-yes?" Angelique cleared her throat, slightly startled by her name suddenly being spoken by a total stranger. 

Joel smiled a picture perfect, and absolutely fake smile. His teeth looked whitened just for the purpose of giving those to please snobby clients. "Mr. Ivanov is expecting you. Please follow me." He didn't wait for her response. He hardly cared for it. Joel simply walked off towards elevators. 

Angelique quickly caught up, her high heels clacking against the marble floor. An entire awkward elevator ride later, Joel once again gave her that creepy smile. "Room 785." With a stiff motion of his arm, he showed her out from the lift. The fake smile fell the second she had stepped into the hallway. 

The young woman breathed a quiet sigh, her eyes skimming over the number plates on the door. 

785...785....

Finally she spotted the correct door, and her steps halted. 

This is it...

Her stiff fingers clenched the edge of her dress tightly to stop her hands from shaking. This was not how she had imagined her first time being. Perhaps it was naive, but she had hoped it would be romantic, and with a man she had feelings for. Never in million years she could've imagined that her virginity would be sold to a mob boss. 

Her lungs filled to brim with air. She held her breath and rammed her knuckled against the wooden door. 

There was a pause that seemed to last an entirety. 

Wrong room? He did say 785....

As confusion begun to seep into her features, the door opened. "7.57 pm. You did smart not to be late, Angel." Nikolai stood in the doorway, for the first time dressed casually. He wore a plain black t-shirt and matching color jeans. His muscular, tattooed arms settled against his sides, somehow adding to his intimidating yet handsome appearance. 

"I don't like being late." She responded timidly. Why the hell every time she looked into those intense eyes her knees went weak? 

Something akin to lopsided grin appeared on his thin lips. Nikolai stepped out of the way, silently inviting her inside the suite. Needless to say it was just as luxurious as the hotel. Her eyes lingered on the large king size bed. 

The whole room felt as if it should belong to a king. The violet rug looked as if it were brought to life by the finest threads, and the very walls seemed to bleed gold. Angelique once again felt the lump of fear forming in her gut. She could hear his footsteps slowly approaching her from behind, but she didn't dare to look. 

"Drink." A glass of whiskey was presented to her. Nikolai had circled her, now blocking the bed from her view. 

"I don't drink." Still, she took the glass.