CHAPTER 25

Chapter contains mature content! Once again, thank you for votes! Next chapter coming out tomorrow. Enjoy!

Silence hung heavy. Suffocating. 

Not a single word was exchanged during the dense ride back to the mansion. He didn't touch or or even glance at her with those stormy eyes of his. Usually Angelique was the one avoiding his intense gaze, huddled up in the far corner. This time, she was sneaking peeks at his sharp profile. 

Nikolai's thick eyebrows were furrowed and his lips turned down into a scowl. He was brooding in silence. She was certain he caught her looking, but didn't return the notion. The young woman was left feeling sick with apprehension. 

He was first to get out from the car when it finally came to a grinding halt in front of the looming building. The sound of door slamming behind him got her to flinch. She was swarmed by dozen awful scenarios of what would happen once he was updated on all subtle details of how one of his men wound up stuck in his office. 

I'm as good as dead. 

Angelique turned her head to the ground, trying desperately to make a wallflower out of herself until she reached her room. No luck. 

The second they were inside the mansion, Nikolai caught her wrist in an iron grip. 

"Wait-" She didn't get to squeak as he dragged her upstairs without a word.

The noise of door slamming shut behind them made her ears ring. The bedroom was dim, their harsh breaths the only thing disturbing the silence. His massive frame leaned against the door, blocking her exit. Smokey-grey eyes stared at her coldly. He had let go of her hand, but his gaze kept her pinned. 

Angelique straightened her back. There was no avoiding this. "I can explain-" 

"You disobeyed." He cut her off curtly, his eyes narrowing to thin slits. "You stole from me." He added. It wasn't the sum she took that bothered him. No. It was the principle. 

Like a tiger stalking its innocent prey, Nikolai closed the distance between them in two large steps. "Did you really think I wouldn't find out?" 

"No." She frowned. "I knew you would." Hard to miss the man she had locked inside his office. "I promised Zoe that I would help-" 

"And that give you the right to take what is not yours?" He growled. Nikolai looked seconds away from connecting his fist with her jaw. "You have forgotten your place-" 

"What is my place, exactly?!" Angelique roared. Stupid courage streamed through her blood like lava. "To be your toy when you need a relief? For a moment I thought..." She paused, sucking in a deep breath. "I thought I was something more. That this meant something." 

Emotions swam in his dark eyes. Her words struck. She saw the flick of change before it was masked by anger. In a fluid motion he reached out, grasping her golden hair. It wasn't painful. Not physically at least. 

"It does." He admitted. "But it gives you no right to interfere with my business." He was struggling with himself. With his boiling rage. 

If she was someone else, she would be laying face in dirt, counting seconds until her life would fade. He looked torn, like he had no idea what to do with her now. Caught red handed, and stubborn - she didn't regret anything that had lead her to this point. 

"What are you going to do now? Punish me?" She didn't mean to taunt him. But she did. Zoe was right, she had grown up from her timid, scared self. With so little to lose, she felt brave enough to tug the devil's tail. "Are you going to kill me?" 

"No." Nikolai growled as if the though alone set him on edge. He leaned closer. "I will make sure you don't ever disobey me again." His voice dropped, turning cold and malicious. His hand in her hair curled in a fist by her scalp. Now it was painful. 

Angelique's eyes widened when he pressed an angry, open mouthed kiss on her lips. She moaned in protest. His tongue force its way inside her mouth, exploring. It was a dominating kiss, meant to put her in her place. 

Two can play this game.

She bit down on his lower lip. Hard.

He growled in pain, which only provoked his next move. A loud rrriiippp sounded through the room. Her shirt was torn apart with a forceful jerk, falling to her feet. 

This was nothing like the sensual moments they had exchanged when she was wounded. The gentle love making. Hell. This was all out battle. 

It was her turn to growl when her bra was torn from her body. He was stripping her naked while still having a full suit on. Furiously, she tugged off his jacket and nearly ripped open the vest. He wasn't making the job any easier, pushing her up against the wall with enough force to make her breath catch. 

His large hands grasped her ass, tugging her legs around his waist while his rough lips moved down her neck. He bit her, hard enough to leave a mark on its wake. Talking this out was out of the picture. They pulled each other under. 

Nikolai's hips grind against her pelvis. He was rock hard. 

Angelique clawed at his back as he propped her up against the windowsill. Their clothes fell to shreds, long forgotten. His hungry lips devoured every inch of her, his teeth nipping painfully at her hardened nipples in revenge for his bleeding bottom lip. A desperate whine slipped past her lips. 

The tension between them built up until neither could take it anymore. Her thighs were forced open, Nikolai settling between them. He assessed her with eyes so hot they could melt her. 

Then, without a warning he set the thick tip of his erection against her entrance and his hips slammed against her. 

Mercilessly, he pounded inside her. His moves were angry, rough - the essence of raw power. She trembled beneath him, her back pressing against the cold glass of the window with no regard of who might see them from the backyard. 

Nikolai sounded like a vicious beast claiming what was his. Snarling and growling against her neck. No amount of scratching, biting or hair pulling could slow him down. In fact, it had the opposite effect. Every time her nails racked against his muscular back, he would deepen his thrusts. 

Her muscles clenched around him. But just as Angelique was about to tip over the edge, he flipped them over. Both of her hands settled on the cold glass. 

"I want you to watch yourself come undone." He whispered gruffly into her ear, biting her earlobe. She was too breathless to respond. He didn't need her to. Nikolai thrust back inside her. Her eyes rolled shut. 

"Watch!" He ordered, grasping her blond hair to have her head tilting back. She obeyed. Angelique watched their reflection as Nikolai drove himself inside her. Unconsciously she moaned out his name over and over again. Orgasm shook her body, making her mind go blank. 

Nikolai wasn't far off. The second the waves of pleasure subsided, he was pulling out, something warm spilling across her lower back. He grunted with the powerful sensation.

When she fully came to, she was slumped against the windowsill, exhausted. Nikolai leaned over her, stroking his fingers through her long hair. 

"There is your punishment." She could hear the satisfied smirk in his voice. "Next time you pull a stunt like that," He grasped her throat from behind, pulling her flush against him with little care of how well she could breath. "I will make sure you can't walk for a week when I'm done."