CHAPTER 3

The feeling of being eyed up by a hungry tiger - that's how she could describe it.

His walnut brown hair slicked back, stubble covered jaw taunt, and impeccable suit on the powerful built...he stood out from the crowd. His head was tilted to the side slightly, hand caressing his chin in a thought while his eyes never left her dancing figure. 

There was something about the man that gave her creeps. He looked dangerous as a stray bullet and handsome as a Greek God. 

Two women sat on either side of him, desperate for his attention. One of them had her hand on his leg and the other was trying to kiss his neck. 

He didn't seem to care though. 

When Angelique finally tore her gaze from him, she had already lost her sense of rhythm, leaving quite a few patrons disappointed. She still felt him looking at her as she moved around the pole in an attempt to finish the number at least decently. 

"Strip already!" One of the patron demanded, angered by the lack of show. She was already basically naked, but it simply wasn't enough. 

Angelique disregarded the demand, twisting her body on the pole as the song came to an end. She wished for nothing more than to get off of the stage sooner. 

But she couldn't help looking again. Her eyes trailed over the crowd towards the lounge. The man was talking to someone, his eyes no longer on the young dancer. Relief dropped over her shoulders. 

He was unsettling, even more than the rowdy crowd. 

She was quick to gather the money and disappear off the stage. It wasn't graceful nor seductive. The young woman literally ran off as fast as the stilettos allowed her to. 

Zoe greeted her with somewhat a cringe on her face, masked by an awkward smile. "That was...Never mind. First times are always bad." She assured, trying her best not to offend. "But you did good with the pole, I actually was shocked. Perhaps we can still make something from you."

Angelique managed a wry smile. "I won't earn anything like that." There was roughly sixty bucks in her hand. 

"Did you get distracted or somethin'?" 

"Uhm. There was a man there..." 

Zoe chuckled. "Honey, there are a lot of men here." 

"No. He was different. He looked really...rich." She stammered, unsure how to describe the stranger with silver eyes. 

"A lot of people here are rich. Mostly sons of wealthy daddies or the daddies themselves." The red head explained the obvious, giving the other woman a strange look. "It's your first day, don't stress. The money will come with lap dances." 

That doesn't sound good...

"The show you put on there earns you clients. People will request you if they find you sexy. Simple." Zoe shrugged, marching back into the changing room. 

Both women came to a stop. A short and rather bulky guy stood in middle of the room, waiting. He was engaged in a casual conversation with Jess before the narrowed eyes landed on the two women. 

"Hey, Dog." Zoe greeted, her voice leaking hesitation. 

This instantly put Angelique on edge. Was it normal for random men to show up at the changing room? 

"Boss requested Angel." The 'Dog' said dully, he clearly didn't care for the half naked women in the room. His dark eyes zeroed in on the smaller girl cowering behind Zoe.

 Angelique's heart begun to pump blood at the new speed. Her hands became clammy with sweat, and her complexion drained of color. 

Was I that bad?