Chapter 7: Changes

Donnie roared the engine of the truck. Some foot Clan soldiers backed away, but Donnie kept to their word- they didn't hesitate to drive over them. Their brothers were shocked.

At the end of the garage, Donnie stopped. They got out of the truck and started fighting whoever came at them. They glanced at their brothers.

"Help me!" Donnie cried, fighting the dozens of Foot Soldiers that remained.

Leo flew out of the truck, removing his katanas from their scabbards. Mikey and Raph soon followed, taking their respective weapons out of their scabbard.

"Donnie, find a way to open the door! We got your back!" Leo called.

"On it!"

Donnie put his bo staff away and approached the door. They only paused when another car entered the garage. The car purposely fishtailed and knocked a number of Foot Soldiers, much like Donnie did.

It parked next to the Tartaruga Truck and out popped April, Casey, and Vern.

"Your timing couldn't have been more perfect," Donnie said as they approached. "Can someone take this piece? And can someone else take this piece? And Vern can you hold this open? Much appreciated," Donnie narrated. "I'm trying to hotwire this thing to make it open without a key card- actually, that's stupid. Release those."

April and Casey let go of the wires they were holding. Vern released the lid. Donnie took the nearest unconscious soldier and removed the key card from their chest.

"Could've done this a while ago," Donnie said. "Guess I was just panicked or something."

"Yeah, Mikey was on the phone with us- he said you were driving like a madman!" Casey exclaimed.

"I mean, that's definitely a way to put it," Donnie muttered. April chuckled as the door clicked open. "Leo, Raph, Mike! Let's go!"

The brothers finished the fight and entered the doorway. Donnie especially was hoping to find the people who were kidnapped, especially their Brandon.

♦️♦️♦️

Brandon was fading.

In and out.

Conscious, then not.

Logan struggled to see Brandon like this, despite everything.

♦️♦️♦️

The building was much bigger on the inside than it looked from the outside.

Casey stayed virtually attached to Raph's side, which earned a chuckle from April.

"C'mon, Jones- fight like a girl," April whispered to him.

"I am! Or, I will be!" Casey said, trying to defend himself. "I'm saving my courage for when I need it."

"Oh, and you don't need it now, t-shirt boy?" Vern asked. Mikey chuckled. "You like that one, Mike?"

"Yeah. Good one," Mikey said, fist-bumping Vern.

"You two are ridiculous," Raph said, rolling his eyes.

"Where are we even heading, guys?" April asked Donnie. Donnie looked at Leo.

"Don't look at me, you're the one who was scoping out this place," Leo said.

"From the outside, genius," Donnie responded, their heart racing. They silently reached into their pocket and grasped their newest project for a moment. "I'll figure it out, I promise."

"You better- people could be dying," Raph scoffed.

"It's sketchy that there's no one around, right?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah, very sketchy," April agreed, nodding.

"Maybe they all went to the garage and got their asses kicked," Vern said.

"Not impossible, but hard to believe," April shrugged.

Donnie took out their phone to see if they could get any information about this building as they made their way through. As they looked, a notification from Brandon's ring made their heart drop.

Brandon was dead.

♦️♦️♦️

"Brandon! Brandon!" Logan pulled against his restraints.

Brandon's monitor was flatlined, and Logan saw Stockman wasn't doing anything.

"Stockman, please do something!" Logan screamed to the Professor. "Take my blood and give it to him if you have to- don't kill him, please!"

Stockman looked at Logan, an eyebrow raised.

"You're willing to sacrifice your own blood for him?" Stockman asked.

"I'd sacrifice my life," Logan said. "Even with everything I've done, he's still my little brother." Stockman nodded slowly, then stood.

"Do I have permission to replace the taken blood with the injection?" Stockman asked. "For science, of course."

Logan gulped and looked at Brandon. Despite everything Logan was doing, he knew he couldn't lose Brandon that easily.

"Yes. Take as much as you want- as long as you save him."

♦️♦️♦️