Chapter 4: Gone

Brandon was reluctantly in the restraints. He saw the guards pacing the room. He saw the containers filling with the blood of those who tried to rebel.

He knew he wanted to live, but he also knew the only way he may be able to live was to rebel. And if he rebelled, he knew he wouldn't have the chance to help anyone else get free.

Brandon then decided to strain against the tubes and wires. A soldier was immediately in front of his cage. Another was standing in front of a container that held no blood.

"Stop straining, Marcia Cruz. We will kill you," the soldier in front of him said.

"Then do it- I'd rather die than serve you," Brandon said. Logan looked at him.

"Brandon-"

"Silence!" the soldier screeched to Logan. "Silence or we will kill you, too!" Logan froze, but then looked at Brandon, pleading.

The soldier in front of him motioned to the other soldier by the container. The soldier by the container flipped the switch. Brandon flinched, feeling the blood starting to leave his wrists.

"Why are you holding us here?" Brandon asked.

"Why does it matter?" The soldier retorted.

"Because- ah- who do you serve? Why do they need the blood of 12 people?"

A man entered the lab and the soldier quieted.

"We serve the late Shredder and now his partner, Karai- who you see over there. We need testing subjects," he said. Brandon looked at him, and he was ready to throw hands if he weren't restrained.

"And who is 'we?'"

"The Foot Clan," he said.

"And who are you? A piece of plastic that Shredder threw away like every other broken toy?"

"I am Professor Baxter Stockman. Scientist, second-in-command to new leader Karai, a graduate of M.I.T."

Brandon's eyes widened.

"You... You are the one who helped Shredder break out of prison," Brandon muttered, his anger rising.

"As a matter of fact, I am. Though, he has no appreciation for the sciences despite his unknown whereabouts."

"You will never measure up to Donatello-"

"Ah, speaking of your mutant friends," Stockman smiled. "We have our mutant friends after them already. And fortunately, those turtles are already on their way."

"How much blood has been taken from this one?" Stockman asked. The soldier checked the container that was filling with Brandon's blood.

"13 fluid ounces," they responded.

"Stop draining."

"Yes, Professor," the soldier said, switching the hatch.

Stockman gave his next command.

Brandon's eyes widened. His heart fell from his chest.