Chapter 9: Found

The thumping only got louder. And louder.

The thumping finally ended with a loud crash, like a door being thrown off its hinges. Which was exactly what happened.

Brandon's natural adrenaline kicked in and made his wrists and ankles move painfully against the restraints.

The large door of the lab flew into the middle of the area, knocking into anything that was in its path.

A turtle humanoid followed immediately after it, huffing as if they were the ones who shoved it.

Brandon immediately recognized him as Raphael- he could tell by the red bandana with a symbol (道) on the top of his head.

Two more turtles- wearing orange and blue bandanas- entered next; Brandon noted them as Michelangelo and Leonardo, respectively.

Three people then entered- Logan was the one who recognized April O'Neil from Channel 6 News.

Donnie then rushed in soon after, probably closing automatic doors as they went through to ensure safety.

The turtles and humans all looked at the containment units in which the captives were held.

Brandon took a deep breath and made himself get enough strength to keep his head up. Donnie made eye contact with Brandon. Their heart fell. Brandon looked disastrous. He looked so sickly that he seemed barely himself anymore- barely human anymore.

Donnie couldn't move; it was as if their feet were cemented to the ground and time was going 10x slower.

When time caught up with their brain, Donnie immediately ran to Brandon's containment unit. They hit the plexiglass, trying to break it, trying until their knuckles nearly bled.

Brandon's adrenaline slowed and he couldn't hold his head up anymore, so his chin hit his chest.

"Bran, no, please no!" Donnie whispered, only loud enough for them and Brandon to hear.

"The... The controls..." Brandon whispered.

Donnie's head whipped around the lab. Their eyes fell on the computer systems in the center of the room. They approached the computers and just as they reached them someone pulled them back.

Karai tripped Donnie and held a sword to their neck. The brothers immediately went to assist them but were stopped by more Foot Clan soldiers entering the lab. The brothers shoved Casey, Vern, and April behind them for protection.

"I knew there were more," Mikey said.

"Right?" April added.

"Touch the computers or die," Karai threatened Donnie. They smirked.

"I dare you," they said.

"What?"