Chapter 2: Stolen Hearts

June 4th, 2019.

"Donnie, what if I say the wrong thing and expose you?" Brandon asked. Donnie chuckled.

"You won't, I promise," Donnie comforted, rubbing Brandon's arms gently.

"How do you know? You can't be there to guide me away from saying it-"

"But, I have a way to help you." Donnie pulled two small pieces from their pocket. "Small walkies. I can hear you and you can hear me, but no one else will be able to hear me. I can guide you in real-time," Donnie said.

They gave one to Brandon, who gently took it in his hand.

"Let me guess, you invented them?" Brandon asked, already calming down drastically.

"Indeed I did. Now, put it on and see if it fits," Donnie urged gently. Brandon smiled and did so- it was perfect and he said so. Donnie smiled. "Awesome."

"Okay, your meeting starts in 6 minutes. You should get down there," Donnie said. Brandon took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay," Brandon said. "Okay..."

Brandon took a deep breath as he approached the receptionist counter.

"Good morning. I'm Brandon Carter, and I'm here for an 8:30 meeting with Olivia Ratliff of Harper Collins Publishers," Brandon said smoothly- he had practiced it a thousand times in his head on the way down.

"Of course! Head right that way and she will be in shortly with the cover artist."

♦️♦️♦️

June 14th, 2020.

Now 21 years old, Donatello burst into their lab. They were dead and they knew it.

They locked the door to their Lab and hid behind the medical chair stationed in the middle of the room. They knew it was a bad idea to pick a fight with Raphael...

They heard Raph bang his fist against the door of the Lab.

"Donatello! Get out here, weak bitch!" Raph screamed angrily. "Fight me like a man!" Donnie flinched at being called a 'man,' but had to deal with it since they hadn't come out yet.  "I know you're in there!" Raph screamed.

Donnie heard the door hinges creak and groan as Raph threw himself against the door of their Lab.

"I meant it, Raph! You can get angry without reason-"

"What the hell do you mean? I do not!"

"You should really try meditating with Master Splinter-"

"I'm fine! I swear to god..." Raph groaned. He threw himself against the door again.

Donnie heard the hinges finally give in. Raph burst in and the door tumbled to the ground. Donnie trembled like a leaf from their position. Against their better judgment, they decided to stand and face their brother.