Chapter 3: The Telltale Ring

Donnie was exuding worry as they paced their Lab. They had gotten a notification from Brandon's ring that told them that he was shocked and utterly terrified.

Donnie had only hoped that nothing bad had happened to Brandon's well-being, but they didn't know; the ring only showed the negative emotions, not the reason why.

As they paced, they took their newest project and tinkered with it to calm their nerves.

Their heart dropped in their chest when their walkie came to life with a direct message from Chief Vincent.

"Donnie, we have just gotten reports of 12 civilians getting captured by the Foot Clan. Please tell your brothers to report to the police headquarters as soon as possible. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, chief. Will you be contacting Jones, O'Neil, and Fenwick?" Donnie asked.

"Yes, as soon as I am done here."

"Okay. I will see you ASAP."

Donnie immediately left his lab to go get Raph and Mikey. The three of them then went through the dojo to get Leo as they went to get their weapons.

"People are getting kidnapped?" Mikey asked.

"Yes- 12 people in total. Vincent just called me to get us to the Headquarters ASAP. We have to go now if we can find a way to help."

"Let's go!" Leo exclaimed once they got their weapons.

♦️♦️♦️

"So... They just got... Taken?" Raph asked once the siblings were told the report.

"Yes. The most recent and the youngest victim was seen fighting against two soldiers as they put him into a truck. The youngest is 22 years old, and his legal name is Marcia Cruz; his real name is Brandon Carter. The oldest is 53 and named Zuzanna Kaminski. We looked into all of the victims' records. None of them have underlying health conditions," Vincent said.

"He's not that much older than us," Mikey said. Vincent nodded. April, Casey, and Vern entered the room.

"Morning. We were updated on the way in," Casey said.

"What do you want us to do?" April asked.

"And us," Leo said. "We can operate support to find any sort of leads."

"And protect any potential victims," Raph added.

"O'Neil, Jones, Fenwick- we have an idea of where the Foot Clan base is in the city," Vincent said. "We have an escort waiting out back for you. We may send you to help the turtles eventually."

"Thanks, Chief," Vern said as the three of them went out to the back.

"You four. We were able to trace the truck heading into upstate New York," Vincent told the turtles.

"Why would they be going upstate?" Mikey asked.

"Who knows," Vincent said. "Can I trust you to find out?"

"Of course, Chief," Leo said. "Let's rollout."

Leo, Raph, and Mikey all left the building. Donnie paused before following.