23.

Miracle

"What the hell did you do to my precious truck?!" Christi's cry of distress was probably able to be heard from both of the neighbors' houses, it was that loud.

"Language!" I heard Sandy yell to her.

"To hell with not cussing right now, Mom! The little devils sticky noted my whole truck!" She shouted back.

I stifled a giggle as I entered the garage, looking as innocent as I could. I feigned surprise when I saw a truck shape that was covered with sticky notes.

A couple had fallen off already but what did you expect? They weren't the best known for their stickiness, despite their name.

"Oh dear. Looks like you really wanted your truck to be colorful." I told her, referring to the pretty array of bright yellow, blue and pink sticky notes that were on her truck.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Don't pretend that you don't know what happened to my truck. Sandy and you four were the only ones at the house therefore one or multiple people out of that group would have had to do this and Mom wouldn't do this." She gave me her reasoning.

I shrugged. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I kept a poker face which was actually kinda difficult to do.

"JULES!" I heard Meg screech from the top floor of the house. "I will get you for this!" She promised her.

Christi gave me a look and said, "Oh. So, now you're going to tell me that you were in no way with Jules in the whole...sticky note fiasco? At least, I'm assuming that Meg is yelling at her about her sticky noting something of hers."

I opened my mouth to make a remark but instead almost got ran over by Jules, her long.

"Take cover, Miracle! They'll come after you too when they realize you were the mastermind behind all this!" She gave me a warning before skidding to a stop when she saw Christi standing there. I swear she paled a bit. "Aww, shit."

With that colorful word, Jules went running the other way which left Christi and I standing there.

"Well," I dragged the word out. "I'm going to trust Jules on this one. Imma just...make like a tree and leave." I chuckled at my terrible joke before remembering the reason for the joke and bolting out of the garage.

I followed Jules' very obvious path out the door as there were sticky notes that were originally stuck to Jules herself. Apparently she got too carried away with the prank and wanted to sticky note herself although how that falls under the category of 'Trying not to leave any evidence', I have no clue.

A arm shot out and grabbed me, yanking me to the side which was behind a bush and causing me to land face forward in the snow.

"What the-" I started to say when I sit up but get shushed.

My three accomplices were hiding behind the bush and Jules was the one that yanked me so I could join them there.

"Next time give me a warning." I whispered to her. I was just glad that I had shoes on before I ran out of the house.

She rolled her eyes at me. "If I warned you, then it wouldn't be a hiding place." She whispered back.

The twins shushed us.

"Where the he..eck did that little devil go?!" I heard Meg's voice come outside, probably on the porch and then footsteps slowly approach her.

"I wonder." Christi said sarcastically. That was never good. "It just snowed. Since they went outside - where the snow is - they will obviously have footprints. I mean, unless they can somehow float."