33.

Christi

When we got back home, the others were suspiciously all together downstairs and not really doing any helpful things.

"So?" Jules asked me in front of Miracle. "Did Mission Go To Town work?"

I rolled my eyes. "Bravo on that name. No one's ever going to figure that one out." I said sarcastically.

Jules gave me a look that seemed to have the purpose of telling me to shut up because Miracle was there but I kept going.

"Not like anyone's going to figure out that I like Miracle." I 'accidentally' let it slip.

There was a gasp from beside me.

"What? Really, Christi? You like me?" Miracle asked me dramatically, a look of surprise on her face.

I played my part, feigning a look of exaggerated horror as I seemingly realized that I had said that out loud. "Did I say that aloud?" I asked.

"Um, yeah. You did." Jules gave me a confused look, like she was trying to figure out what I was doing and why I was acting like I was.

I think that Dot and Meg had already figured out that it was all an act because they looked like they were trying hard not to laugh.

Miracle grinned. "Yep. And that's good 'cause I like you too." She ended the act with a pose that consisted of finger guns and a goofy grin on her face.

I cracked up, causing Dot and Meg to let their laughs out.

"Nailed it!" Miracle and I said, high-fiving each other and grinning at the others.

My mom and Jules were confused.

"What happened over that walk to town? Did you two actually get to town? You weren't gone that long." Jules asked me.

I waved a hand at her. "I'll tell you the details later but right now I have something to ask Miracle." After I said that, I spun to face Miracle.

"So, I know that we literally just kissed like, not even ten minutes ago but-"

I was interrupted by Jules, "You guys kissed?!"

"I'm trying to ask Miracle something, if you'll be so kind and not interrupt me." I gave her a slightly annoyed look.

"Right. Sorry. Carry on."

I continued. "But I kinda want to ask you something." I whispered the question in her ear and after blushing some, she nodded.

I smiled. "Great. Tomorrow sound good?"

She nodded again and I grinned. "Splendid. Clear your schedule. We have a full day planned tomorrow."

In all honesty, I had nothing planned for tomorrow yet, but I did have the rest of the day to plan it all out. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my room."

With that, I grinned at Miracle and halfway went up the stairs, then stopped. Turning back towards everyone--who were all watching me go up the stairs, I gave a request. "Dot, since you're not doing anything productive, could you bring one hot cocoa up to my room? Thanks."

After that, I skipped the rest of the way up the steps. I had some major planning to do as I just told Miracle that we were going to spend a whole day together.