twelve

Once we arrived to the lake, I change into a big t-shirt, hiding my body. I wasn't insecure, it was that I wasn't comfortable with Niall looking at me. I sit on a beach chair near the edge of the dark lake water. Sunglasses lay on my nose and I look out at my girls, laughing, they splash each other with the water. Niall and his group of boy splash each other like little children.

I close my eyes, enjoying the peaceful moment. The sun's warmth felt nice in my skin, as it peered through the trees leaves. I take deep breaths in to calm myself that had happened in the last day. This was the most eventful part of my life ever, and it had only been a little over twenty four hours. I wasn't used to boys looking at me the way Niall had. It's like I had escaped into an alternate universe, and although I enjoy comfortable, this new world was exciting!

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I look up to a boy with a firetruck red bandana wrapped around his forehead, catching his drops of sweat. "Pardon, but that's my chair. Lifeguard." The dirty blonde Australian notifies me by showing his red whistle and shirt.

"Oh, sorry. Here, I'll just move over..." I pick my towel up and place in near the chair, to keep the nice shade.

"It's fine, I'm Ashton. Head lifeguard." He sits down in the white beach chair, which I now realize has 'lifeguard' printed on the back.

"Andy Richardson." I give him a warm grin.

"Oh, you're Sidney's daughter."

"Stepdaughter actually." I correct him, his lips making a form of an O.

"I think I've heard about you from some other workers." He mumbles, trying to figure out what others have told him. We sit in silent, the only noises coming for the kids playing the water.

"Yes, I remember. You met Calum, well crashed into him this morning." The blonde boy chuckles.

"Yeah, I'm quite clumsy." I blush.

"You're Niall's girl." He concludes, which takes me back a second.

"Oh! No, no. We just work together, cabin buddies." I explain, pulling my curls from my face.

"Yes, you are. You're the girls he likes. That makes you special." He emphasizes the special at the end.

"Even if he did like me, which he doesn't, I wouldn't be special at all. I heard he has a new fling every summer." I sigh, noticing that the boy we speak of is beginning his hike up to us from the water.

"Whoever told you thank may be confused with Ryan, he had a new fling every summer. Got fired with this other girl. Trust me, Niall has only dated like two girls, you're special." Ashton tells me before Niall reaches us. The Irish boy grabs my hand and drags me to the edge of the cool water.

"Come in, you have to be hot." He winks, not letting my hand go.

"Um... I don't know." I cringe, not wanting to take off my shirt and having so much revealed.

"Please?" He pouts his lip and widens his eyes sadly.

"Fine, but don't think you can get away with everything with that face." I warn him, chuckling a little. I slip the large shirt off and waddle into the water, it was slightly cold considering we were in the north.

I turn back to see Ashton gesturing to Niall's hand, which still help mine tightly. I give him a look, sticking out my tongue foolishly. When we reach the kids, they swarm to us like moths to a flame, hanging off my arms. I glance at Niall who sheriffs and counties to play with the kids. I smile sweetly, it was kind of adorable.

-Sadie Rose

FYI we didn't forget louis, he's kinda important in a later chapter and will be introduced then.