four

The Irish boy drags me by my left hand down one of the many gravel paths. From the short time I knew Niall, I could tell he was one of those boys who liked to tease and poke at girls. In time it would become annoying, I know it.

He coughs, regaining my attention. "This is the lake, Harry probably gave you a tour already, he's been here for nine summers. He was once a camper and now a board director. To be honest Andy, my tour is better." He cockily explains.

"I don't know, his tour was pretty good." I joke, getting more comfortable with the the strange boy by the minute.

"Doubt it." He chuckles deeply. "Hey, I have a question."

"And maybe I'll have the answer." I hum, rubbing my arm.

"Where does Andy come from, like... Isn't it a guys name?" His face is puzzled. I got asked this question far too much.

"Alexandra, it's short for Alexandra. What about Niall? I sure haven't heard that one before." I inquire, teasing him back.

"I don't know, ask my parents." The blonde giggles before the loud announcements ring through the camp site, making everyone aware that the 'big speech' was to happen in five minutes.

"Oh shit." Niall curses and starts to jog back down the main road. I follow him, assuming that we were to be late.

We arrive at the 'big speech' just a few minutes too late. It seems as though the whole camp turns back to us as we walk in to take our seats. I blush nervously, usually I am never this shy.

Then, out of nowhere the campers begin to sing a song, clapping their hands along to it. "You've been primping, you've been primping! Now you're late, now you're late! Start a little earlier, start a little earlier! Be on time, be on time!"

I sit with my cabin, more embarrassed than ever, I scowl at Niall as he shrugs it off as if it was nothing at all. He nearly made me lose my job and I could already feel Sidney's, my dad's girlfriend, death glare on my red hot cheeks.

-Sadie Rose