seventeen

hi guys, it's mia.

as everyone probably knows by now, zayn left one direction on the 25th of march. i cried for the majority of that day (in school might i add), as well as the day after. although i'm really upset, i respect his decision. when i first discovered one direction in 2011, i was a zayn girl, which is why this is really hitting me hard. zayn is said to have signed a contract so that he can perform with the boys whenever he wants, but on the fifth album, any songs with him will have to say "one direction ft. zayn malik". that really makes me sad. zayn is also said to be signed to syco as a solo artist, and is experimenting with rap. his solo album is also rumored to come out in 2016. i really don't know what else to think about all of this. there's really only one thing i have to say. this isn't the last of zayn malik and this is not in any way the end of one direction. please, please still support the boys. they're still the amazing, talented goofs that we've all fallen in love with, and now they're just four instead of five. when sadie rose and i planned out this story, zayn was a very vital part of it. we're not going to change it, and zayn will still be in this story, even though he's not technically part of the band anymore. i still love one direction and will continue to support them throughout all the shit that has and will happen. i hope you guys will too.

••••••••••••••

"Alright, girls. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bugs bite." My voice was deflated, lifeless.

I trudged over to the boy's cabin, and gently opened the door. The lights were off, but Niall's bunk was empty.

Tucking one of my thousand curls behind my ear, I leave the cabin to find the blonde on the porch. He was hunched over leaning on the railing. Looking up to the sky, by now I knew he had something with the outdoors. I walk up next to him, looking up to the same glimmering star. It was never like this in New York. You would never see a single star, but here you could see millions.

"Is everything alright?" I ask concerned, Niall had been quiet all day. Avoiding talking to me at all costs. This was not the niall I had grown to know.

He nods, not tearing his stare with the sky.

"The kids are all tucked in bed." I smile, leaning in close to him. Niall only responds with a nod again.

"I'm excited for the camp dance." I start, in a higher pitched voice. I wasn't totally, to be honest. I knew Niall had been hurt I had considered Zayn's offer.

"Yeah, I bet. Going with Zayn and all. Have fun." He spits out short, hurtful sentences. I am taken back by this, Niall pushed me around but not words like these. They stung more than a bee on a hot summer's day.

"I didn't say yes to either of you." I point out, knowing it wasn't really going to help the situation.

"Who you are you going with? Liam? Harry?" Niall fires at me, making a cruel joke.

"Niall, I don't just flirt with all the guys. I don't flirt with anyone at that matter." I argue, crossing my arms.

"Whatever, Alexandra Richardson." Niall huffs, slamming the crooked wooden door to his cabin. I was about to fire back with his full name, then I realized I didn't know it.

I trudge back into my cabin, unhappily. Crawling in between the thick blankets. The buzz of the night crickets rang through the cabin.

I didn't know Niall at all. I had not bothered to learn one thing about him and he would know practically anything on me. Guilt pumped through my blood, and I hide my face in my pillow. I was in fact embarrassed with my own self.

I stare up at the wood above my head. Memorizing the creases and curves. There was no way I would possibly sleep. My mind was swarming with thoughts, and they were all about Niall.

When I signed up to be a camp counselor, I thought I'd be solving the little girls drama. Not my own drama with an irish boy.

~Sadie Rose

-at the top mia expressed her feelings on zayn and I agree. I have no clue what's really going on behind the scenes, but I will support our boys no matter what. except if the go extreme and like murder someone, then I may reconsider.

-lots of love