twenty

Thoughts twirl around my head as Niall's hand rests on my shoulder.

"Niall, I can't do this."

His head swivels towards me and his blue eyes stare at my lips."What?"

"This. In a few weeks, I'll be back in New York with my mom, and you'll be back home. I can't have some summer fling. It won't last. Plus, this is camp, not a love fest." His hurt expression made me realize I had gone to far, and I saw him battle with my words.

"You're right."

I snort. "Well, that wasn't what I was expecting to hear."

"You expected me to fight for you?"

"Well, no. I just thought-" I mutter my words, unsure of my words.

"Thought that I would chase after you?"

"No, you're very stubborn, and-"

"Well, you're right again."

And with that, Niall kissed me. He kissed me on the lips. Like, full on kissed me. Instinctively, I grabbed his neck and smiled under the kiss. Oh, who cares. Maybe it's a fling. But I'm having a damn good time.

"Ehem."

I quickly jump away from Niall, looking up to meet a disapproving Sydney.

"Let's have a little chat." The older woman cocks her eyebrow. I feel the blush in my cheeks start to rise and I walk with my eyes cast downward.

"Wait." I feel Niall grab my hand and pull me close to his chest. "If anyone should get the blame for this, it's me."

"You don't have to do that," I mutter as I keep my eyes on Sydney.

"Yes, I do."

Damn his stubbornness.

"She'll be less harsh towards me. Now, go."

I hear Niall sigh and step forward towards Sydney. I mean, she's part of my family. Then again, I barely knew her.