B6/C12

•••••

Red

I flushed the toilet before I stood up and brushed my teeth. Ever since Corba told me it was over between us I've been feeling worse than ever. The morning sickness was killing me but I still needed to get dressed for work. I pulled my hair back and pulled on my paramedic uniform before I sat on the bed and put on my boots. 

I sighed before I got off my bed, I grabbed my bag and water off the counter before grabbing my keys and headed out the door. I locked my door and walked towards my car. 

I didn't know what else to do... 

Did I just sit on the couch wondering if he would call me? Or if he would write? 

I hadn't told anyone about the baby yet and even if I did what would I say? That Corba doesn't know about it yet because before I could tell him, he ended things between us... 

When I got home that day, I turned off my phone and went to bed. I didn't answer the door and I didn't turn my phone on for days. I was lost... I cried... why would he just end it like that if he wanted us to be together... I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved with him, with a hot biker. Now, look at me. Pregnant and on my own...

"Hey" I looked up when I walked into the locker room at work. I saw Moxxie standing at our lockers, smiling. I tried to smile but I just couldn't. "I've been trying to call you for a few days but your phone has been off... Mel said she saw you the other day at the prison, she also said you looked like you saw a ghost. Everything okay?"

Moxxie had been more of a sister to me than any of the girls, I sighed as I placed my stuff into my locker before turning to her. "I'm... I'm pregnant. I went there to tell Corba but before I could say anything he ended it between us..." I told her, I could barely look at her.

"Are you serious? He told you he doesn't want to see you anymore?" She asked me, I nodded my head. I wiped my tears away before I knew it we were hugging. Moxxie helped me sit down and took my hands in hers "your not alone Red, I will help you no matter what" she tells me. 

After a while, I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up before we went to work. 

When I got home that night I stood in front of my mirror and looked at myself. I lifted my oversized shirt and saw my flat stomach. Soon it would be round as my baby grew, I would watch him or her grow up and go through life. It brought me to tears knowing that I would be alone to do it. 

But I knew I needed to tell Corba about it and I wasn't going to tell him face to face. So I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and sat at the kitchen table. 

Dear Tate.

I don't know if you will read this or not and to be honest, I don't know what to say but the day that you told me you didn't want to see me anymore was the day I was going to tell you something important. 

It will affect the rest of our lives. 

I was going to tell you that I am pregnant. You would have been the first to know but you never gave me the chance to. You broke me that day, I don't think I was ever that upset about a break up before but you broke my heart. To be honest I don't think I will ever forgive you... 

I thought I loved you but I guess it was just a faze. 

All I want to know is why?...

Red.

I read over the letter and shook my head as I just left it on the table and went to bed. The next day I woke up and got dressed for work and again went through the morning sickness. When I walked into the kitchen I saw the letter still on the kitchen table, staring at me. I sighed and folded it up, I drove to the post office and once it was in an envelope I stood at the post box for a moment before I opened it up and slid the letter inside. Within a few minutes, I was heading to work. 

Moxxie and I had just brought in a patient that was having trouble breathing, once we pushed him into a room I quickly typed up his information for the doctor. I had grabbed two water bottles from the vending machine before I met Moxxie by our ambulance. "So they released you huh?" I heard someone behind me, I looked over my shoulder to see Charlie standing there. 

"What do you want Charlie? I'm busy," I told her, I placed my drinks into the cab of the ambulance before turning to face her while Moxxie was in the back sorting out supplies. 

"Just wondering what you did to get off an attempted murder charge?" 

"How about telling the truth and showing evidence that I wasn't there," I told her. 

"Tate doesn't deserve you, he should have someone that cares about him and not some reject" 

"Yeah sure whatever," I said, walking past her but she grabs the back of my head and slammed it against the side of the ambulance. I felt the pain in my forehead and nose.

"What the hell Charlie!" Moxxie yelled as she saw what happened, she came over to me to check me out but I was seeing black dots. Deja vu. 

"She stole my boyfriend!" Charlie yelled.

"I didn't steal shit! You can fucking have the dead beat fuck!" I yelled in her face "he isn't even fucking worth me fighting over for. So fuck you, Charlie!" I wiped my nose to see blood on my hand, I felt it drip into my mouth. I shook my head and pushed past her to walk back into the hospital.  I wanted to punch her badly but I knew I would lose my job and I needed it more than ever right now with the baby coming. 

••••
-------
Enjoy!