Like a Thief in the Night

My phone dinged. Apparently my Uber got tired of waiting.

I felt my blood start to boil.

"Are you really trying to fucking blame me? I chuckled in disbelief.

"Who else would she get the idea to sneak out and end up raped from?"

I clinched my jaw. Is she fucking serious?

"Man whatever Sandra, I'm going to take this hair on my chest and bass in my voice and go do your fucking job, since nobody in this house can talk to you. Fuck You." I said leaving her room.

I was mad as fuck waiting for the other Uber to pull up. When it did i had them take me to CVS. I told Nique to stay in the car. The woman at the counter looked at me weird as she scanned the plan B. I don't know how she could look at anybody funny. A grown ass 50 year old black woman who still wears a ponytail on the side of her head like a 5 year old.

After that we went to the gas station. I let Nique pick out whatever snacks and shit she wanted, while I ordered a big ass pizza. This gas station pizza slap, while you playing.

I also grabbed a cheap bottle of wine, the kind that's mostly juice.. I figured she'd appreciate it. She might hang around some bad ass kids at school but she's never drunk anything, she's enough with out it.

I couldn't even enjoy watching her take her first drink cause all I could think about was what those boys did to her.

"You think tomorrow we can go up to the hotel ask if they have any footage? I'm trying to find out who the fuck these niggas are"

She sat down the slice of pizza she was taking a bit of and closed her eyes. "No Z. Please.."

"The fuck do you mean no?"

"No! Seriously, I don't want you playing inspector gadget I don't want shit to do with it. I want to forget this shit ever happened."

I sighed. I know people handle shit differently. Hell, she's not even handling it differently honestly. That's how I was when it happened to me. I just know she's going to regret it. Cause I did. I still want to pull up and bust that shit down. I want heads to hit the fucking floor. I don't want her to ever feel like this... but I shut up about it. The only thing worst is somebody constantly shoving that shit down your throat.

I didn't do shit on Sunday, I felt like Nique needed me, but wouldn't say it. I canceled all my appointments and stayed in the room with her.

Yeah she spent most of her day with her knees to her chest watching tik toks, but I was there. I know she appreciated it. I wish somebody was there with me.

Monday just felt like another day. She got dressed dancing to music like nothing happened. Sandra made a half ass breakfast, if you can call cereal 'making breakfast'. I dropped the kids off at school, and flirted with Kiara, it was a pretty normal ass day.

I was cutting up with the other studs when Briana walked up to our lunch table.

"Hey Z" she smiled.

"Damn... you see me?" Red asked slim.

"Yea, I see you.. you see me?" Slim responded.

I shook my head.

"My bad... hey y'all." Briana said looking uninterested. She refocused her attention on me. Leaning towards me. I chuckled looking from her and looking over at all them checking out her titties.

"Z,.. I didn't do my homework for Mrs.Houston last night. Can I peak at your paper?"

I held back my laugh. "Oh. I ain't do that shit."