Got a Lot of Enemies

It's hard letting Crystal think I told her everything. Hearing her tell me since there's no more secrets between us, our relationship can grow stronger.

I know it's not right to keep it from her. She has the right to know she might be running away with a felon. I never cared about losing anybody. That shit was normal to me. Shit, it happens every time I get close to somebody. But I can't lose her.. I need her, she told me I did from the jump. I didn't believe her. She's not the first person to tell me I needed them. I wouldn't have believed anybody. After doing this shit alone for so long, being alone is what's comfortable. Sometimes I wish I had just kept fucking bitches.. it would be so much easier if I didn't even know love existed, I thought it was all cap. Now I'm over here making myself sick.

This whole time I swore I was grown... went around hollering 'I'm 18' any chance I got. And I am. But age isn't what makes you grown. It's how you handle yourself. How you choose to react to situations that test you.... and based on that I'm failing as an adult before I even really started.

I zoned out staring at my fourth block teacher. After school I gotta go to Sandra. I really don't want to beg her for shit. I know she's going to want me to kiss her ass, and imma want to fight. Crystal already made it clear violence is  not an option.

"I'm not playing with you Z. You put your hands on her, I can't do this with you." What she said this morning was still echoing in my head.

I was heated that she even said it. She doesn't know Sandra. She doesn't understand how she judges me. The way she picks with me like I ain't help her with those fucking kids a million times.

The bell rung and I was probably the first out of my seat. I was jumpy like that. Ready to just go and get this shit over with.

"Mrs. Moore. The bell does NOT dismiss you. Please have a seat."

I huffed plopping down. Don't nobody give a fuck about this. I got bigger things to handle.

"As I was saying, you assignment will be pages 25-28. As soon as you come through my door tomorrow you can drop it into the homework tray. Anything handed to me after it's been collected will have 20 points deducted.... so I expect you to take this assignment seriously, Mrs. Moore. Okay, if there isn't any questions.. class dismissed."'

I left out the class in a rush. I asked Lex if she could swing by my old place. I didn't want anybody to recognize Crystal.

I usually stop at my locker before I go but today I ain't have time. I guess Briana called herself waiting for me. After I passed her standing by my locker she sighed and grabbed my arm.

"I don't have time for this." I groaned snatching away.

"I just need to talk for a second .. seriously"

"Briana, I said no-"

"You know Nique?" She asked cutting me off.

I stopped mid sentence. How the fuck does she know Dominique? A shiver went down my spine.

Maybe it was me not ready to face my skeletons in the closet but I didn't want to hear anything she had to say. I started walking away.

"I'm trying to warn you!" She called out after me.

"Asshole!" She yelled after me when she noticed I wasn't turning around.

"Bruh... you good?  You been quiet as hell since... you know" Lex said being awkward as fuck. "We caught Mrs. Houston... at your place..."

"Yea, I'm good."

"I just don't want you to think shit gotta be weird between us.. I ain't no fucking snitch. Shit, if anything I'm proud."