You'll Never Have What's Mine

Thank you guys so much for reading my book! This is the last chapter. Let me know what you think in the comments ❤️ please Vote & comment

"I told Tiara and her wife they can come over for dinner, can you set the oven to 425 and take out the veggies? I'm already thawing meat in the sink" Crystal asked me over the phone.

"I got you bae." I said getting up from my laptop.

It's been a month since we moved.  I can honestly say, my life has never been better. Of course we have our struggles and sometimes we argue but that's every relationship.

"Baby, you're graduating tomorrow" she cooed.

I couldn't stop smiling.

"I know baby, I still can't believe I did it."

"I can." I could hear the smile in her voice. "I told you from the beginning, Zion.. you're smart, and you're talented. You're going to be an amazing Tattoo artist."

I blushed a little. After the drama  died down,  and we settled into the apartment I told Crystal I've always wanted to do tattoos. Of course she went crazy, she bought me pig skin, ink, needles, she even found me somebody to apprentice. I think she was just happy that I actually had a career in mind.

She told me a long time ago while we were in Chicago, that she couldn't be with me if I didn't have any type of future or at least plans. I think that put the fire in me that I needed.

I heard her keys jingle outside. I jogged to the door opening it so she didn't have to struggle.

"Hi baby." She smiled giving me a peck on the lips. She walked into the house in her flowy white shirt and fitted flower pattern pants. I know for a fact she's the finest teacher in the school.

I grabbed the groceries out of her hands.

She chuckled shaking her head. "Baby, I can carry two bags."

"And so can I, so why would I let you?" I asked setting them on the counter.

I watched her as she started trying to prepare the food.

"Damn bae, you don't want to sit down, relax, take a bath first?"

"How's your new piece going?" She asked ignoring me.

She knows I just don't want her doing to much. She shouldn't have to when I'm here.

I went and got the tattoo design I've been working on. I'm actually pretty proud of it. I'm finally getting out of that heavy handed stage where the ink is way too dark and smudgy. I would say it's almost perfect.

I handed her the one I just finished. Tragedy and Comedy mask. I know everybody's done it, but it's always been one of my favorites.

She put down the knife she was using to cut up some peppers and grabbed it.

I could tell by the way her eyes moved she was studying it, paying attention to every detail.

"Wow...."

I sat there nervously, messing with shit on the counter. "Damn bae, tell me what you think?"

"I think you're ready" she smiled.

I laughed "what?"

"I think your ready for your first real client."

I chuckled blushing a little.