The Belly of a Beast

*Sorry y'all! I know I haven't posted in a while, my gf had a minor surgery this week so I've been taking care of her. She's doing better now so imma post lol*

       I took an Uber back to Sandra's. Finally I can move out this bitch.

I texted Crystal on the way, telling her I got the place.  She had a million questions but I couldn't answer them all. I have a lot going on.

Walking into the house was weird as fuck. I've never heard it so quiet in here. All the kids we're sitting on the couch quietly watching a movie.  I walked pasted them and into Sandra's room. I didn't even knock. Fuck her.

She looked up from her tv and glared when she saw it was me.

"I'm moving out."

"I know. You had all your shit cluttered around like a maze  when I brought Nique back from the hospital."

I swallowed hard. "What the fuck was she in the hospital for?"

"Oh, are you pretending to care now? She got shot Z. You wouldn't know because you are never here. But I'm sure you don't care. You're leaving,"

My heart started racing. I shot Nique?. This whole time I thought I was protecting her and I'm the one who hurt her.

I started walking out of her room. My emotions were everywhere. Felt like my heart jumped into my throat.

Nah, that couldn't have been me. I ain't do that. I can't do that to her.

I stood in front of the door for what felt like forever. I was scared of what I was going to see. I couldn't get myself to calm down. My hand was shaking as I turned the door knob.

She was laying there. She had some type of cast on her arm. Her shoulder was all wrapped up in a gauze, with a sling. Even then, blood was seeping through.

Her eyes opened and she looked over at me weakly.

"Z.."

My heart dropped. My eyes clouded over with tears.

"Damn Nique." I bit my lip trying to hold myself together. "How you holding up?"

"I'm okay... I'm hurting, tired.."

Fuckkk. I felt like I was breaking my own heart.

"Did you know I got shot? I told Sandra to tell you."

I shook my head. I felt the guilt eating me alive.

She rolled her eyes. The tears formed as she looked up at the ceiling. "Of course."

"Nique." Her name jumped out of my mouth. She looked at me, tears running down face.

"They shot my boyfriend too.. he might die" She said before I could say anything else.

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend Nique?"

She wouldn't focus her eyes on me.

"Nique since when did you have a fucking boyfriend?"

"Okay! I didn't tell you about him because I knew you'd be mad... he's older than me."

I guess I looked exactly like I felt.. like I was about to spazz the fuck out.

"Z, I can't handle you blowing up on me right now. I-I love him!"

My chest pumped as I breathed.

"Nah, I refused to believe you're that fucking stupid Nique. The Nigga who raped you? He dead ass passed yo ass around to his friends like a fucking pizza. He let them run a train on you Nique."