30

Aang jumped backwards as a stream of water sliced through the air right in front of him. He didn't know what to do. How could he bring himself to fight Katara?

While Aang was struggling on what to do, Katara seemed to have her mind completely made up. Tau's brainwashing obviously had done its job well. He could see it in her eyes; she wanted to kill him and right now that was all she was focused on. Aang was forced to evade even more as Katara continued her attacks. She sent streams of water towards him in a slicing motion and he couldn't help but notice that the streams would freeze into ice which led him to believe that she was trying to spear him with the water. His heart broke; she was actually trying to wound him. It was impossible to deny it now; for all intents and purposes, Katara was no longer with him at the moment. However, he still couldn't bring himself to hurt her, no matter what.

He didn't strike back; he just kept evading the streams of water that were sent at him as Katara kept charging him furiously. It was tiring; he was already low on energy from fighting a fire bender and an earth bender and he wasn't sure how much longer he would be able to do this. His body was recovering from dehydration and near death and now this. But he knew what he had to do. He had to get to the sunstone that was lying in the podium before the ray of sunlight hit it. All he needed to do was get over there and grab it...it shouldn't be too hard.

Aang glanced off to the side to where the podium was and saw that Tau was no longer standing next to it.

Where'd he go?

The distraction of thought was enough to give Katara time to get closer to him and next thing he knew, they were only a few feet apart. Aang quickly jumped up and over her head just as she sliced some water at his feet and he landed behind her. She quickly reacted though, freezing the water she had as she turned around before shooting dozens of sharp icicles at him.

Aang raised an earth wall between him and the sharp objects and not even a second later he heard them collide harmlessly against the other side of his self-made cover. He gasped...he was getting really low on energy. Before he could do anything else though, a sharp water whip hit him in the back of the head and he let out a small yelp of pain as his head shot forward and collided with the wall of earth as a result from the amount of force that the water whip had held. He felt himself become dazed for a few moments and he barely regained his senses when another water whip hit him against the wall.

He struggled to tell what was happening, Blood began seeping into his eyes and his whole head was throbbing but he managed to turn around to see Tau sending another water whip straight at him. Aang swiftly created another wall of earth around him so that it was positioned between him and Tau, thereby protecting him from a third water whip. Unfortunately, he realized soon after that Katara had run around his wall and was attacking him again. A barrage of icicles were thrown at him and Aang had to jump to the side to avoid the attack. However, he wasn't quick enough as one of the icicles grazed one of his sides, cutting through his shirt and leaving a bloody gash. He grunted as one of his hands shot up to hold his side in an automatic response. Katara wasn't letting him have any chance to take a break though. She shot wave after wave of icicles at him and Aang had no choice but to keep doing his evade tactics that he knew so well.

He was so caught up in keeping an eye on what Katara was doing that he once again lost sight of Tau. Seconds after Aang realized that though, a massive wave of water hit him and knocked him to the ground as he landed on his now hurt side. He switched his gaze over to where the attack had come from and he saw Tau running straight towards him with another wave of water at his disposal. A moment later the wall of water was heading directly at him and Aang swiftly got up. He jumped up, spinning his body in the air before shooting his arms out in Tau's direction. A powerful blast of fire left the palm of his hands.