(48) #PlusOne

JISOO's POV

The next few days were going to be challenging. After what had happened, I left the palace without telling them. I knew this was a stupid move but I needed to do it to clear my thoughts. The distracting headlines made me feel more stressed as they were stating that Jin and I wouldn't last long, that things between us were just an act, a fake, a forced one. Maybe they were right.

I was going to be a queen, and a queen could be many things but vulnerable wasn't one of them. Perhaps, I wasn't really meant for this life, I ran away when things messed up.

Since I left, no one from the palace dared to call me. Was this a sign they were letting me go? It was bittersweet for me, sweet, I would be returning to my normal life again, and bitter, I would be throwing my future plans with Jin.

My thoughts escaped when my phone suddenly rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw his name. I was hesitating to answer it first but I believed I needed to hear what he would say. Hoping this would be enough to get things back on the right track, I answered his call.

"Hello?" at the 6th ring, I picked up the call.

"I never want to make you feel like this, unhappy. So let's make this right. Let's end this. I would tell the Royalties about this but you need to talk to them soon. Thank you for everything Jisoo and sorry if I'm hurting you." It horrified me as soon as he finished everything between us.

Tears gathered in my eyes and I rubbed at them with the heels of my hands. Crying wasn't going to get my broken-hearted fixed but it was the only thing I could do right now. I had to remind myself that it was all my fault. That stupid mistake, this constant mood swings of mine.

I covered my mouth as I cried. My heart had been ripped away from my body. It hurt that he was letting me go. He was right, I never told him that I love him, he never heard those words from me and I regretted it.

I balled my hands into fists at my sides and squeezed my eyes shut. I didn't mind what people would say to this matter once they found out, my concern was I wasn't sure if I could forget and let Jin go.

Soft footsteps broke my train of thought and I looked up into the face of my brother. My family returned just yesterday and they knew what happened. They never blamed me though, they just listened and comforted me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't notice your presence." Quickly I wiped my cheeks and fought a sniffle.

"Noona, what happened?" Taehyung looked at me apologetically.

"We're going to get a divorce, Tae. He's breaking up with me" I walked over to my bed and took a few deep breaths. Taehyung stood there, calm and silent.

"He thinks that I don't love him and I'm just hurting when I'm with him" I confessed, my tears starting to appear again.

"The last time I saw you cry was before you got married to him. And now, you're crying again because you don't want him to divorce you." he hugged me. I ducked my head to his chest, thinking of how I told myself back then that I wasn't pleased to become his wife. There was truth to it, sure but as what Jin just said at the interview, everything has changed.

"I don't think I can face him Taehyung. I'm afraid that the next time he sees me, he already has this divorce paper for me" I hated the disappointment in my voice.

"You don't need to prolong your agony, noona. You have to face him, now or never. It's for the best." He kissed me on the forehead as he tried to comfort me.