(40) #NewMan

JISOO's POV

We were on our way to the location of his afterparty, eyes on the road and his hands were on the steering wheel. Jin got suddenly quiet as soon as we entered his car. I didn't know what to say because I still felt awkward after our disclosure.

Since I got nothing to do as of this moment, I just decided to remove my makeup as I took my remover wipes out from my purse. These cosmetics on my face were starting to irritate me, anyway. I remained silent after and tried to close my eyes for a while. Just then, I felt that our car stopped. When I opened my eyes and looked at the windowpane, we were already here. I turned my face to the other side to check Jin, no words but his gaze was just fixed on me.

We sat there for a minute, just looking at each other, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Is that a prince thing?" I asked.

"What?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"Staring at someone, at me" I tried to be honest because I recently noticed Jin's eyes liked to land on me.

"Well, you're beautiful." He said the words as if it should be obvious. I just looked away from him and laughed.

"What?" He smiled.

"I'm not even wearing any makeup now and yet you, saying that made me feel more beautiful than I ever have." I answered as I shook my head.

His smile took on a hint of pride and honesty.

"Do you remember the day of our wedding?" he suddenly asked.

"I do. What about that?" Of course. Always. It had been one of those nerve wracking moments of my life. Something I never thought I'd look back on.

"When I tried to kiss you in front of everyone" he tried to adjust his position so that his upper body was facing me.

"Correction, you didn't actually. " My eyes narrowed, telling him the truth.

"You heard me, I said 'when I tried'" Jin's deep voice suddenly got quiet.

"Arasso. Then why'd you do that? For our wedding to look more realistic?"

"You were gorgeous that day, I couldn't help it. But you see, I never thought I would like you like this just as much." His eyes watched me closely and I tried to hide my smile.

"Do they teach the prince to snob first the girl then say things like that aftewards?" I raised one eyebrow.

"Oh come on Jisoo, I'm trying my best to lead you on here. Cooperate with me, please?" I laughed at his words as I noticed that Jin's face was blushing.

I wasn't embarrassing him, I just liked to see that he was really trying something I've never imagined he would do.

"Just be you, Jin." I gave him a wink for his effort.

"This is me, Jisoo" with a smooth movement, he leaned forward and reached out to touch the back of my hand with his fingertips.