(38) #FirstTime

JISOO's POV

Since I already gave my gift to him, I wanted to go now. And also, I could no longer stand hearing some words from the guests about my gift to the Prince. So what if I gave him a simple present? I was late because of that. I needed to finish my drawing so that I could give it to him as my gift tonight. And besides, it was the thought that counts, right? I sighed, hoping that he saw what was inside. I was sitting here alone at my table, when suddenly Jin's circle of friends joined me.

"Really, a frame? Cute." one of his friends started to talk to me. I just smiled at his sarcasm.

"Yah! Suho. Can you stop?" Namjoon said like he was defending me. That guy Suho just shrugged his shoulder.

"Well, I find it unique! You know what Jisoo, what you give to him, it's a first" I believed that was Hoseok who just talked.

"Thank you?" I wasn't sure if he was just teasing or what.

"Call me Jhope. You're welcome" he sincerely introduced himself and that was when I knew he was telling me the truth.

Jin never introduced me to his friends and I certainly understood it. Maybe because they were all rooting for Irene?

"Jisoo, do you happen to know where Jin is?" Namjoon asked me.

"Uhm I thi-" though I had no idea where he was, I still tried to answer him. But when it was my turn to talk, Irene chimed in.

"You know Jin, Namjoon. I'm certain that he's somewhere else alone trying to calm his nerves" Irene said as she casually sipped her red wine.

"There she said it" I just agreed to Irene cause I really didn't want to get to her. There was no use.

Namjoon just mouthed the word 'sorry' and I just nodded, letting him know that it was really okay. Just then, Jinyoung joined the table.

"Guys, want some?" He took the seat next to me as he offered the strawberries to us.

"A refresher!! Thank you man" Suho said as he took some. All of them eventually grasped from the bowl of strawberries except me.

"What about you Jisoo?" Jinyoung offered me again.

"No thanks. I don't like strawberries" I kindly rejected his offer.

"Jin's favorite fruit is strawberry, you don't know that?" Irene told me out of the blue.

"Really? Now, I know. Thank you" I knew that this girl was trying to degrade me, but I decided not to be affected. I just didn't want to.

Namjoon, Jhope and Jinyoung just laughed at my words. They probably felt that I was just sneering. Our attention drew back at the stage as the Grand Queen spoke to the mic.

"Good Evening lasses and lads. As the grandmother of the Prince, I would like to express my gratitude to all of you for making time to be here with Prince Jin." she opened up as her eyes went in my direction.

Jin just then walked to the scene and took his seat. He was wearing a smile, a genuine one. What just happened? Just a while ago, when I was looking at him, his face told a different thing.

"Something just happened," Namjoon smirked.

"That is for sure" Jhope added.

"As I was saying, this gathering wouldn't be a Prince's celebration if there are no special presentations, right? Let's now proceed to the performances you've prepared for our beloved Prince" the Grand Queen heeled out the stage and took the seat beside Jin.

The staging has started as the first guest performed magic to Jin. While watching the people who were ready to have a show for Jin, I got lost and confused.

"It's always like this on his birthday. Most of the people like to perform for him. Since the throne bestowed upon Jin, he tried to look for amusement in some people. Carrying the heavy title with no one else makes him feel stuck-up and lonesome" Namjoon told me like he just read my confusion.

"That's just sad" those were the only words that left in my mouth.

The show continued as the host introduced the last person who will perform for Jin.

"Last but not the least, always on the list, Ms. Irene Bae" Just then, Irene stood up from her seat and went directly to the front. She posed with grace then she started her ballet dancing.

I watched him while watching her. So it has always been like this, Irene dancing for Jin.

"Do you want to do something Jisoo?" Namjoon asked me as we were both watching Irene.

"She isn't fond of drawing attention from people. Right, Jisoo?" Jinyoung joined our conversation as he remembered some details he probably heard from my girlfriends.

"Ah yes" I agreed right away with Jinyoung's words.

The dance number from Irene just finished and everyone loved it. I saw grandmother and Jin were smiling and clapping. They certainly appreciated it.

"But I want to try it for the first time," I said in my lowest voice possible.

"Got you" Namjoon drank up his glass of wine just before he patted my shoulder. Then, he stood up and went straight to the platform.

"Jisoo" Jinyoung held my arm as he was trying to stop me.

"I want to" I frankly said to him just before I let go of his hand.

(A/N: sorry for the short chapter hehe

U ready for the next one? 🙈)