(15) #ThingsGetEven

JISOO's POV

I was sitting and studying here for almost two hours. Can I just stop and take my dinner now? My tummy wasn't really in a good mood right now. And I could tell you at this state, I no longer could comprehend what I was trying to study here. I was hungry, tired, sleepy and sad. I just need someone right now to comfort or cheer me up. I sighed, knowing that no one would ever do that to me especially while I was here in the palace. When I was about to read my last assignment, I saw Jin in my peripheral vision.

"I thought nobody could enter the library while I'm studying?" I paused from what I've been doing as my gaze shifted to his standing figure.

"Am I nobody?" he pressed, taking the vacant seat in front of me.

"I just felt I had to see you. Maybe I could hear a 'thank you' from you" he continued.

"Right, thank you" I couldn't even look him in the eye while saying those three words.

"Tss, here" just then, at the table, he slid a pink paper bag toward my direction. I took it and tried to open it. It was a bag full of chocolates and candies.

"Oh" I reacted for I didn't know what was his reason.

Maybe, he was trying to comfort and cheer me up? Or maybe, he was now seeing me as his wife? I don't know but it wasn't impossible, right?

"Jinyoung sent it. My cousin. You know him?" or maybe not, as I heard his explanation just now.

"Oh. I see. Yes, he's my classmate." I sounded so disappointed.

"He said girls like that kind of stuff. Since it's obvious that you can't eat stuff like that here, he packed it for you. He said that if I gave that to you, you'll like it"

"Regards my gratitude to him then" I said. We were quiet for a while and just then he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket.

"And I talked to the elders last night. Since our quarters were far from them, we'll receive less scrutiny from them. You can also visit your parents without the elders knowing" he opened up.

"and what else?" he muttered as he continued to read what was written on that little paper.

"And you can also invite your friends to the palace for a party. This sounds so good" he read, nodding his head.

"You can invite your family to the private resort owned by the Royal family. You can spend your vacation there with them if you want" right now his voice was the only thing you could hear in the library.

"Have you already experienced to travel overseas? Cause if not, you can experience it now" he asked me but I didn't respond.

"And what else is in here?" he tried to continue. Maybe I was over reacting but I didn't like the tone of his voice. He sounded like those were all my wishes and ideas.

"Stop it. If that's how you're going to comfort me, you can stop now." I spat back.

Just then, he crumpled on his hands that little piece of paper and threw it at the side. He seemed to look like someone pestered him.

"Okay. Seems like you didn't appreciate the things that I want to give you" he said with annoyance on his voice.

I suddenly felt being guilty for stopping him. I also couldn't understand myself recently. Materials or any other things couldn't help to cheer me up right now. I just didn't even know what I was feeling as of this moment.