Chapter 9

The next day, I woke up to Ava shrieking. Coming out of my room, the screaming continued. Flattening my ears against my head, I went into Avas room, and bathroom, where she was in the bath, with guys watching her curiously. "Ava, what's going on, and stop screaming! My ears hurt." I said, and Ava stopped screeching. "Ok, you guys. You know it is very, very rude to watch a girl bathe, so if you want to assimilate with humans or whatever, get out before I curse you!" I said, still holding my ears against my head.

At the mention of a curse, the daemos split, each running through the walls. Well too late. My ears hurt and my head was pounding from the screaming sister. Going into the kitchen, I took a aspirin pill with water, but it did nothing. Zip, nada, nothing. My head felt like it was being eaten. Sitting down, I watched Ava draw a rectangle the wall, telling the daemos it was magic.

Just then, I heard footsteps beside me, turning, I half expected, half hoped it would be Pierce. When I looked behind me, I shrieked. It was Leif, holding his sickles!

Still screaming, I kicked Leif between the legs, and bolted for the living room, hiding behind Pierce. While Leif doubled over, I giggled softly, my hand resting on Pierce's arm. "Hahaha, nice move Rayla!" Ava called, and I smirked at her. While I watched Leif double in pain, I noticed Peirce lift his other arm to rest his hand on mine.

I blushed, pinpricks of heat bursting under my skin. "Anyway, I have to deliver this gift to Mrs. Oats' grandson. Rhys, since you got your human clothes on first, you can come with me." At this, Asch and Ava got into a mini argument, I went over to Leif and kicked him again. "Don't try to kill me next time!" I said, and went to my room.