Chapter 11

When I slammed the door behind me closed, I leaned against it and went over to my dresser, where a small, ornate box was. Opening the box, I pulled out a black ring of metal with a saphire cresent moon in the middle, which rests against my forehead when I wear it.

I placed the small crown on my head, along with the robes of a werewolf alpha and priestess. Along with governing my pack, I was in charge of leading rituals and ceremonies, so I owned a traditional gown and headdress. Nyx and Artemis guide me. I sent a silent prayer, and felt a sharp pain in my head, right above the sapphire moon.

I shrieked as the pain filled my brain, white hot and getting worse. I fell to the floor and my door burst open, then the world fell away.

When I opened my eyes againI was in a moonlit meadow, with two women sitting in front of me. One woman was tall and regal, with flowing black hair and pure dark purple eyes. No pupils or whites. The next was smaller, younger, with a flowing silver gown, brown hair, and bright silver eyes and a bow and arrow strapped to her back.

"Goddesses." I said, dropping into a bow. "Rise child." Said Artemis, and I did so immediately. I may have Oppressive Defiance Dissorder, but I am smart enough to obey a goddess. "Goddesses, why and I here? Did I..." I trailed off, biting my lip. "You are very much alive young one, we called you to us so we could see you. Of all our sons and daughters, you are by far the most loyal to our ideas. You are kind, and filled with fire, but still sweet and energetic. Most of all you do not take no for an answer." Said Nyx, stroking my hair.

"You are the most gifted of our children as well, you just have to discover those gifts. We hear your prayers. You pray for your family even though they are not wolf. You protect them as the physically strongest of your family. We are watching you Rayla, now, it is time for you to wake, I believe the one known as Pierce is worried for your sake." Artemis said, pressing something into my hand.

The dream went dark, and I opened my eyes, seeing the faces of the worried daemos and my sister around me. "Oh goddess. Did that really happen?" I asked myself, amd looked at my hand. In the palm was a half moon necklace, a purple stone with a glittering metal around it.

"HOLY SHIT THAT REALLY HAPPENED!" I shrieked, sitting up suddenly, hitting my forehead against Avas. Apparently I was still wearing the metal crown. Whoopsie.