chapter ten

WARNING: this chapter has strong elements of abuse and/or torture. there are mentions and threats of rape, too. please skip if needed.

roughly nineteen days later...

"REPEAT YOUR RULES," He said, clutching the metal bar in one hand and a lighter in the other

"REPEAT YOUR RULES," He said, clutching the metal bar in one hand and a lighter in the other. "Again."

Blake let in a shaky breath. She swallowed dryly, and held a cough in.

"N... never speak unless given permission," She began. "N-never fight punishment... nev... never fight the guards, a-and... and never go rogue."

"Ah, ah," The general said. "You are missing one.

Blake sighed. She clenched her jaw, looked to the General's uniform, and complied. "Never fight you." She finally said.

Though, the words weren't exactly what the "rule" was... if that makes sense.

The "rule" meant that she can't fight him or anyone else. It meant that her body is not her own, and they may do whatever they please with it....

Need I go on?

"Now, repeat your truths." The general said.

Blake again, took a shaky breath. She squeezed her eyes shut but complied, "No... no one is coming to find me. I-I am a lost cause, a...and they're better off without me. They're not coming, they don't care.... I deserve my punishments. I..." Another breath. This rule... she hated. Couldn't she just die and go to Hell already? Is this really what she deserved?

"M-my body is not my own," Blake finally mumbled. "It is yours, a-and when you are happy, I am happy.... And I want you to be happy. Always."

"Very good," The general said. The tape clicked from behind him, and he smiled cruelly. He whispered something to the man with a camera before turning back to the girl.

The camera clicked again.

"Now, tell me... who did this to you?"

No, please no. Please... please don't.

Blake winced at the question. She'd been hoping he wouldn't ask that... she wasn't stupid, after all. She knew the clip was being sent to the Avengers.

A tease. An eye for an eye but in the end we all lose.

"P-please don't make me-"

ZAP!

Blake crumbled at the feeling, the pain. She held her once-deemed "good arm" and suppressed a cry. (Now, they were both 'bad arms'; covered in bruises, burns, and blood.)

"WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!" The general screamed once more.

"T-they did, sir." Blake cried.

Another hit.

"WHO?"

Blake flinched, but looked up. "S-Steve Rogers, sir. Steve Rogers did this to me."

Click.

"Very good," The general said. "You are excused, now." Then, in German, "Make sure she knows what she did."

Goddammit, Blake thought.

She wanted to yell "JUST KILL ME ALREADY!" She wanted to yell "FUCKING COWARDS!", but she couldn't.

And they knew it.

She didn't know why she wanted to rebel then and there. She hated it. She knew she'd be punished, it always happened. This time was no different.

And the video? Well, that only made things worse.

She winced when she heard the crack of her foot, but continued to look forward, daring the men to do more.

And so they did.

Holding the knife to her throat, daring her to move, they shattered her foot. Then, her knee.

Blake sunk into the chair, her screams of agony finally beginning with each electrocution.

She slumped forward, heart racing and body aching. She gasped quickly, each breath shooting daggers through her chest.

"This doesn't have to continue," The man before her finally said. Blake winced at his touch, but had no desire to move away.

"Just tell us where he is, and you will be free."

Liar. Blake thought. Liar, liar, liar!

Blake gritted her teeth, "I... don't... know!" She yelled hoarsely.

Another zap, then a hiss.

Then, a hum.

It's only began, apparently.