chapter one

𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟹𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷5
𝟶𝟺:𝟻𝟾
𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛, 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚗, 𝙽𝚈
𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙰𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚊
𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚝 𝙲𝟻𝟹; 𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑

𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟹𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷5𝟶𝟺:𝟻𝟾𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛, 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚗, 𝙽𝚈𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙰𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚊𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚝 𝙲𝟻𝟹; 𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑

IT WAS HIS screaming that made Natasha Romanoff squeeze her eyes shut. His screaming made her cover her head with the pink pillow, his muffled screaming made her eyes finally open.

Then, it was Natasha's thoughts. The ones like this isn't a dream, and oh, fuck!

That, all together, is what made Natasha shoot out of her bed. All together — the screaming and the thinking and the nightmares — urged Nat to reach over the nightstand as she ran passed it, so she could clutch the pistol like her life depended on it because oh god, what if it did?

All together — the everything — is what made Nat break her door down and what made her heart tear through her chest and what made her tear down the staircase. It's what made her pulse beat through her ears, what shook through her head like a oversized speaker; what made the adrenaline rushing through her veins faster than any blood could have.

And yet it ceased when Natasha caught Stark.

Kind of.

His screams were still existent, but they weren't out of pain. Not physical pain, at least.

They were out of a sort of mental pain, Natasha concluded. Just Tony Stark being dramatic, like usual.

It was things like "that's mine!", and "stop it!", and "no — hey! — YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT, YOU LITTLE SHIT!" (and, of course, a chain of other unholy words that mustn't be repeated).

Nat cleared her throat and Stark jumped a foot in the air. He frowned, and then turned back to his screen. "She's thrashing my room!" He squeaked, gesturing to the computer in front of him.

"Good morning to you too," Nat said grumpily. She rubbed her eyes with the heel of her hand and leaned forward.

You need a shower —

Wait...

"Where'd you find her?" Natasha said. She was fixed on the screen before her, on the girl on the screen.

"Tony. Where did you find her?" Natasha repeated sternly.

"Uh... an icebox?"

[Slightly edited]

Eeeeeeeekkk!!! I am so excited for this book holy shit. I know this chapter kinda moved fast and was mad dry, but please bear with me haha. I swear this will be better than the last.
Thank you for reading!! Let me know what you think!! Stay safe!!! <33