💕chapter twenty💕

Shaena's POV

Everything was so beautiful and pure around us. The wedding venue was decorated with red and white roses flowers and colorful fairy lights.

Lovu and all her friends and cousins were laughing and teasing each other. It was the best day of her life...

As we all were laughing, her aunt came in the room and her face lit brightly seeing lovu in her blood-red wedding attire.

" God bless you with all the best in your life...dear," she said with a smile and tears in her eyes and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Lovu replied with her wet teary smile.

" You Know, every piece of jewelry a girl wears in her wedding attire has its significance. Even there is a meaning behind the red color lehenga you are in right now" she told her.

Lovu and our all's eyes widened in surprise and we were shocked to find this new information.

" Really.. and what is that," she asked with genuine curiosity.

" Yes, sweetheart.. the red color itself has its importance in our culture. It's the color of the goddess Durga. We used this color because it is her color. Red color dupatta and dress are used when we decorated her idol" she explained with so much love and respect.

" Wao... it's so awesome... I would have never guessed it" I said with awe.

" The Bangles she was wearing it helps to restore her energy in her body...the Mehandi in her hands is to keep her body calm and cool in the pressure of wedding..the Kohl is to keep her eyes safe and secure...the waist jewelry is to keep her body in right shape from the changes in her body after marriage. The anklet is to keep her body stable in all the changes due to marriage. There are so many things in a traditional marriage.. everything has a meaning.. every ritual and custom" she explained everything.

I was in shock after knowing all this. I would have never guessed it all. There is much more than an event. There is love, care, trust, support, understanding, respect, honesty, loyalty, pain, and much more.

This new knowledge made me respect this bond more than ever. Made me realised its importance and purity.

" Thank you auntie for telling us all these things...it is spectacular to know all this" lovu said with a smile.