Chapter 3

When Jimin had found his way home, J-Hope wasn't there, and Jimin didn't know how to feel about that. On one hand he was glad Hobi wasn't there to see him battered and bruised, but he had wanted the comfort. Especially after Jungkook practically abandoned him.

Jungkook. The name made his mouth start to dry, and he wasn't sure why. It had only been a brief encounter but yet the mysterious young man's face lingered in Jimin's mind. He vividly remembered Jungkook's arms around him, carrying him throughout the cold. He hadn't wanted to let go, but in the next instant Jungkook was gone and Jimin had been sitting there, unsure of what to do. A part of him had wanted to chase Jungkook down, but he didn't think it wise to remain in such a dangerous area, so he follow Jungkook's instructions and called a taxi.

Back in the apartment he shared with Hobi, he pressed an ice pack to his cheek where the young man with red hair had punched him. Going into his room and sitting on the bed, he slowly began to undress to prepare for bed. He could only hope that he would forget about the events of that night and that thoughts of Jungkook wouldn't invade his mind. Besides, he was in love with Hobi. He didn't need to be caught up on some stranger he'd probably never see again. Right?

***

It was about noon, and Jungkook stumbled into Yoongi's bar, not because he was drunk, but because he had barely slept at all the night before. He had been terrorized by thoughts of the pink haired man he had saved the night before. Carrying him in his arms, looking at his innocent, beautiful face. How he had panicked when the man grabbed his hand and begged him not to leave. Jungkook felt like shit for leaving him but knew that he had to. Getting attached to anything wasn't smart, especially since he didn't have long for this Earth anyway.

"Jungkook," said Yoongi who was wiping a glass clean as Jungkook approached the counter. "Is it time already for you to ruin my day?"

"I would've been by sooner but..." Jungkook shook his head. He didn't want to talk about it.

"What's wrong with you?" asked Yoongi. "You went home last night, right?"

"Yes," Jungkook answered.

"Then why do you look like that?" Yoongi pressed.

Jungkook glared at him, "None of your business."

Yoongi scoffed, "I forgot. Jungkook is a lone wolf. No friends, no family. No anything."

Jungkook tried to hide the hurt this awakened in him, "Friends and family are pointless. Maybe they'd mean something to a human. But we're not human, are we?"

"Nothing lasts, Jungkook," said Yoongi. "You don't create things...relationships...because they last. But because they have the chance to become something beautiful."

"The Earth is incapable of creating anything beautiful," Jungkook said bitterly. "Just tragedy." The thought of the boy with pink hair, safe and shivering in his arms flashed in his mind briefly.

"You don't believe that," Yoongi said dismissively. "Have you ever considered that it's because you're not long for this world that you should try to make up for all the time you wasted? Moping around with this pretentious, annoyingly dark worldview. What has it gotten you? Knowing the world is miserable doesn't make you any less miserable."

"It can't make me more miserable," Jungkook sighed. "Knowing makes me numb to the tragedies to come. Besides, what do you know about love and relationships? You're just as lonely as I am."

"For your information...I'm currently seeing someone," Yoongi said smugly.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, "Oh, really?"

Yoongi opened his mouth to say something when suddenly the door opened. Both turned their heads to look at the customer as it was usually slow business around this time of day. Jungkook's breath hitched.

"Mi-young," He breathed.

There she was. Her hair was bright red and her eyes were as cold as Jungkook remembered them. She wore a red blouse and dark jeans. Her makeup was perfect and surrounding her was three tall, intimidating men. It had been a few months since Jungkook had seen her, and she hadn't changed a bit. She always looked like the most important person in the room, and she wanted to make sure you knew it.

"Jungkook," She said. "We need to talk."

"What about?" He asked.

"Last night I went to a club. A few blocks down from here," She looked around the bar distastefully. "And this little shit insulted me. My brother took him out back to give him what he deserves. And now my brother has a busted nose."

"Tragic," Jungkook sighed, looking at her disinterestedly. His heartbeat elevated though. The boy with the pink hair. I...his sister was interested in me. I wasn't much interested in her. There's no way. There's absolutely no fucking way.

"What was interesting was his men said that they were stopped by a young man in all black...with what appeared to be superhuman strength. Tall, messy hair." She smiled venomously at him. "Does that sound familiar to you?"

He gave her a half-smile, "Did you come here thinking you could do something about it?"

"I don't know what you are," She said. "But I came to warn you. My brother went to our father, and he doesn't take too kindly to disrespect like that. When we find that little shit, he's dead. If you get in our way, you're dead."

Once again Jungkook imagined the pink haired boy lying in the street dead, and he felt himself getting protective. He tried to shove these urges deep down inside of him. He'd probably never see that kid again. Why should he care?

"I don't know about that," Jungkook shrugged. "I'm pretty tough."

"Maybe we can't kill you right away," She threatened. "But it would be fun to torture you. See what you can take and what you can't."

"Leave," Yoongi cut in. "I don't take kindly to threats against my customers."

"And who are you?" She asked.

"If I were you, I wouldn't find out," Jungkook advised.

She looked at him and smiled. "Can't I at least get a drink? Something to eat, perhaps?"

"They don't serve souls here," said Jungkook.

"Oh Kookie, don't talk like that. I was hoping we could hang out," Mi-young pouted.

"You should've asked to hang out before you threatened to torture me to death," Jungkook stood from his seat at the bar. "Those kinds of things aren't a turn on for me."

He walked past her, making sure to purposefully bump her guards to show just how unconcerned he was. The guards glowered at him but made no move to attack. They wouldn't unless she commanded them. That's how powerful she was. When she got drunk she could be immature but sobered up, she was a deceitful mastermind.

Stepping out into the cool air, his chest collided with someone, who let out an "Oof!"

Looking down, he saw the boy with pink hair, who looked up at him with wide eyes, just as surprised as he was. He looked back to the bar and before he could process what he was doing, he grabbed the boy by the waist and lifted him up. The boy yelped in surprise. Jungkook felt his heart flutter but he wasn't sure why. He just knew that he couldn't let Mi-young or his goons see him.

"W-what are you doing?!" The boy demanded, trying to squirm out of Jungkook's grip, causing the bigger man to grip him tighter. "Put me down!"

Jungkook didn't answer. He just started running.