chapter 25

--
Hanta's pov : One Year Later

"Hey! You guys having fun?" I walked over to where Denki was swinging his sword at an old telephone post and Ayuto was watching in amazement. The blond paused and took a deep breath nodding.

"Yeah. Were having a great time, right, Buddy?" He gestured to the toddler, who nodded.

"'Gain Baba! 'Gain!" He clapped his hands and Denki sighed, smiling.

"Again? I've done it so many times though." He panted and Ayuto laughed. I picked up the two year old and rested him on my hip.

"I think it's nap time actually." Ayuto pouted.

"No!" I sighed and rubbed my eyes with one hand.

"Yes. You're gonna take a nap with Mimi, okay?" I raised a brow and he snuggled into my side. "I'll take that as a yes." I looked to Denki and smiled. "You coming in?" I nodded my head to the camper and he nodded, sheathing his sword.

"Yeah, it's hot." He huffed and I tossed him the water bottle by my feet. He caught it and muttered a thanks before I walked towards Mina's camper. After dropping Ayuto off with her, I met Denki in our own.

"Hi, Baby." I wrapped my arms around his bare torso from behind and he leaned back into my chest, holding a clean shirt in his hands.

"Hello." His head leaned back on my shoulder and I rested my chin on his. "To what do I owe this lovely hug?" I laughed and let him go, spinning him around to back him up towards the bed.

"For not letting our son play with a knife while you practiced this time." He sat down once the backs of his knees hit the bed and scoffed.

"He was fine. I was watching him!" Denki tossed the shirt to the side, not bothering to put it on as I climbed into bed beside him.

"I thought we agreed that he needed to be at least three before we let him hold knifes." I hooked my arm around his waist and pulled him to lay down.

"I didn't see any harm. Besides, it was dull anyways."

"It could still cut him." I grabbed behind his knee and pulled it so his leg was thrown over my hips as we cuddled.

"Okay, fine, I'm sorry. I won't let him have a knife until he's three." He patted my chest and I hummed.

"Three and a half." He laughed and nuzzled his cheek into my shirt.

"Okay, three and a half."

~

I woke up to sloppy kisses on my face and groaned, wiping toddler drool from my cheek.

"Hello, Ayuto." I opened my eyes and he smiled down at me before snuggling between me and Denki, who wrapped an arm around him in his sleep. Looking to the door, I saw Mina wave before leaving.

"Mhm, hey, Sweets." Denki spoke tiredly with a smile, running his hand through the ginger curls atop 'Yu's head.

"Hi, Baba!" Ayuto sat up to squish Denki's cheeks and I laughed, sitting up as well to kiss my sons head and then my husbands. "Hi, Dada!" He squealed with laughter as I kissed all over his chubby little face.

"Hi, 'Yuto!" I tickled his side and he pushed me away with a giggle.

"Dada, no." I pulled away and smiled.

"Okay. No more tickles." All of a sudden the front door to the camper opened and I quickly reached for my knife in the bedside drawer, but stopped when I saw it was only Shouji.

"Woah, easy tiger." He held his hands up and I sighed, closing the partially open drawer. "Anyways, me, Katsuki, Kirishima, and Ojiro are going to work on the neighborhood. Wanna join?" He leaned against the doorway and I nodded

"Yeah, sure. The girls aren't going?" Shouji shook his head and I looked down to Denki, who had Ayuto snuggled to his chest again. "You going?" I stood as he shook his head.

"No, I'm gonna stay here with Ayuto. You have fun though." He smiled and I turned towards the door to see Shouji gone. After grabbing my weapons and putting my boots on, I leaned down, cupping Denki's cheeks in my hands and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I love you," I whispered as I leaned my forehead against his.

"I love You too," he whispered back, a smile on his face. I felt a small hand grab my arm and looked at my son.

"Me, Dada!"

"You want a kiss?" 'Yuto nodded. "Where?" He poked his forehead with a smile and I brushed his bags out of the way to kiss his head. "I love you bunches, Kiddo."

"Wuh you!" I chuckled and ruffled his hair, turning to Denki again.

"Remind me to tell Ojiro that he needs a haircut soon. It's getting long." He nodded and I kissed him once again before walking to the door, knowing I would never leave if I stayed any longer. "Bye!" I waved.

"Bye, Hun."

"Bye bye!" Ayuto waved back.

I smiled and shook my head as I walked out, making sure the door was shut behind me. I met with the others who were preparing to leave and caught the backpack tossed to me.

"Mina, Hagakure, Shoto, Izuku, Denki, and Ayuto are staying, right?" Katsuki looked around and the rest of us nodded. "Alright then. Let's walk." He started off down the trail we had worn down.

After we found a field to park the capers after the last one was overrun by zombies, we decided to search for more food, and happened upon a Neighborhood. We had been working for over a week to clear out the houses and maybe find a way to set up a protective wall around most of the neighborhood. If we could do that, then it would be a safe haven for anyone trying to survive the apocalypse.

"Alright, what's our goal today? Six? Eight?" Kirishima glanced back at the group and I shrugged.

"I think we can knock out ten." Everyone laughed and nodded, agreeing to try. And if not, oh well. We'd get there eventually.

--

I've had severe writers block, and I wrote this chapter four different times, so sorry it's been two weeks.

I still don't like this chapter all that much but I need it to be here or else the next chapter will make very little sense. Like, when you know you haven't skipped a chapter but it feels like you did? Yeah that.