Chapter Fifty-Nine

~Zoe~

I stood in front of the mirror, still half asleep as I brushed my teeth lazily. I was shivering from the cold winter air, even though I had three layers of clothing on.

My eyes snapped open just as I realised I almost fell back to sleep upright, spitting out the remaining tooth paste into the sink as I pulled the Alfie's jumper closer to my body, trying to protect myself from the cold.

A loud sigh escaped my mouth as I saw the sight of my hair in the reflection, my mind racing as tears suddenly boiled in my eyes. Now I was going to look stupid in front of everybody. Great.

I blinked my tired eyes twice, not sure why I was crying in the first place. What was wrong with me?

Pulling all of my hair into a high ponytail with my numb fingers, I stepped out of the bathroom, careful not to make a noise as I picked out my outfit for the day. I found nothing though. Nothing that looked better than a bin bag on me, really.

Anger boiled inside of me as clothes flew across the room, the next article of clothing worse than the last. My body froze when my eyes landed on the black material though, my heart beating inside of my chest like a drum. What even was that? What was it doing in my closet?

My hands took to work before my brain did, reaching for the item and throwing it to the furthest corner of the small space, where it was well hidden by some jumpers. No one is going to find it here.

If only I knew the reason why no one should see it.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, love you all!

-Love, Laura