Chapter Three

I woke up to the sound of Birdie's nebulizer going. I got up and grabbed my phone before peeking into the living room. I had to work last night; I usually go in at 8 at night and this morning got off at 5 am. Birdie looked up at me and I saw her smile through the steamy mask. "Good morning." I shuffled over to her and kissed the top of her head. I went over to our coffee maker and poured myself a cup of coffee with a little bit of caramel creamer. I felt arms wrap around my waist and I turned to see Baylor.

"Hey." I smiled sleepily as he kissed my cheek. I laid my head back on his shoulder. "Thanks for doing Birdie's medicine." He let go. "No problem, how was work?" He asked and went over to Birdie to finish up her treatment. I sighed and leaned against the counter. "Rough, there was an emergency before I had to leave." I ran my fingers through my hair. He nodded understandingly before Birdie ran over to me.

"Hi baby." I smiled and picked her up. She put her hand on my shoulder and I felt her kiss my cheek. "Are you ready for breakfast?" I asked and she nodded excitedly. I fixed her a cup of pediasure before we sat down for breakfast.

I stood in front of our garage door as I posed with Birdie. We were both wearing black bike shorts, blue and white tie dye t-shirts, and white converses. My Instagram page has been my way to raise awareness on Cystic Fibrosis. It also helps us raise money to pay for Birdie's treatments.

After taking a few pictures, Baylor handed me my phone and I looked through them. Even though Birdie hates being still, she loves to take pictures with me or just by herself. I posted three of the pictures with the caption

@elchase: my little bird🤍