Chapter Sixteen

While Birdie napped, I went to party city to get what we needed. I got packs of streamers and balloons in rainbow colors as well as white balloons. I also got rainbow plates, forks, spoons, and napkins. I also got a helium container to blow up the balloons. I then went to the grocery store to buy things for her cake and other foods we needed.

I went into the garage after coming home and got out all of our outdoor toys. We have a sprinkler for Birdie to play in along with a pool. We also have chalk and bubbles. I put it by the garage door and went into the house.

Baylor blew up the balloons while I hung the streamers in rainbow order on the ceiling. I got out her presents and put them on the sofa so she could see them; we got her a pack of sparkly play doh, a Paw Patrol and Disney Princess mess free coloring books, butterfly hair clips, a bowling set, and a magnetic art set.
•••

"Happy birthday!" Baylor and I smiled when we went into Birdie's room. She giggled and rubbed her eyes as we left kisses on her cheeks. "Ba-oons!" She pointed to some that floated in her room.

"Wanna go see?" She hopped out of bed and ran into the hallway, screaming. Baylor and I laughed and followed her. She was kicking and throwing the balloons around as they decorated the house.

"Go look at your presents." She ran over to the couch and looked at what we got her. "Butterflies!" She held up the hair clips. "They go in your hair." I pointed to mine. "Play doh!" She grabbed the pack and moved it up and down. Baylor and I laughed as she went through everything that she got.