{⋅. Forty .⋅}

Teleportation stole his breath away, making his head spin and bringing the feeling of nauseousness.

Dream was standing on a tall pillar now, in the middle of the ocean, with the moon sliding upwards into the sky.

He was standing on a birch trap door, connected to a daylight sensor that was turned off. Underneath the trapdoor was a tube with water and a soulsand block at the bottom, creating a bubble stream.

From his high perch, he can see a lava pool in the distance, but it's uneven. As if someone had came by and took a chunk of land from it.

Dream let out a slight puff of air, and fell backwards into the ocean.

Light looked at the bottom of the ocean was a sly giveaway as Dream pushes forward against the tide, propelling himself towards small 2 by 1 windows. His hand wraps around cold steel bars, and he pulls.

The air in his lungs starts to run out, so he lets go and pushes himself up to the surface, taking a refreshed gulp of air before plunging back down into the water.

A curious turtle paddles past him as he descends to the ocean floor, something ringing in his ears. He quickly pulled out a pickaxe and wedged it into the bars, locking it in the gap and pulling the gate away.

Water surged into the room, bringing Dream with it. His mask was pushed off in the tide, lay a few blocks away. His mop of a hair quickly dried and Dream stood up, before something nibbles his shoe.

"Ack!"

He springs back, only to step on another silver rat, which causes a nearby block to explode into two more little silverfish. Blocking up the water quickly, Dream fishes into his inventory and throws a bucket of lava on the floor.

The room was circled a few times before Dream finally makes it to the stairs up to the center piece without any major complications. The pick quickly destroys the cage that lay in the staircase before he's finally facing it.

The exit.

The gateway.

The escape.

The portal.

There are two eyes already in it much to Dreams delight, and he quickly goes to fill in the rest.

He leaves one empty, not wanting to lose his lead so far.

His heart suddenly drops, as he remembers his hunters.

How he killed George.

He suddenly is staring off into space. Was it really worth it? His friend was dead, and there was no real knowing if he was coming back or not. He sacrificed a life to only delay losing his.

If Dream got out of here, and George didn't... would he be able to live with that guilt?

He takes a deep, shaky breath.

"He's okay. He was to be okay." Dream tells himself.

He turns and leaves the portal room.

◦𑁍◦

Underground it's hard to keep track of time.

But Dream cleaned the stronghold out top to bottom to the top again. He cleared out all the chests, which had nothing useful except for an extra ender pearl.

He also found the library where he gathered books to make bookshelves to enchant. He also manages to grab a Punch 1, Frost Walker, Luck of the Sea 2 book, in which he ends up using for a bow.

Now fully glowing he enters the portal room again.

First thing he notices is his mask on the ground, not touched and forgotten last time he was in the room, which he quickly picks up.

Second thing he notices is another window broken in the back of the room.

He silently curses under his breath and jogs up the stairs to the portal. Where a cool, circular eye rests in his hand.

He lets out a small breath, bending down to the empty frame holding the eye just above it.

Never would he have thought when he first got into this crazy world, would be finally, actually be doing this.

Dream just wished he didn't have to do it alone.

The eye slides into place.

Thunder cracks in the distance and a void in the world is thrown open.

Dream doesn't hesitate before falling in.

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading the Chapter Forty!

ALRIGHT shorter chapter because this chapter is already late and school just started and I need to start on my French homework.

And it's like 11 at night sooooooo.

So how are we all feeling about all this final end game fun stuff wooooo! Almost over thank god, but also want to give a huge thanks for those of you who are still around and are waiting for the finale.

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote and you will get expelled from KSI's class.

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««