{⋅. Nineteen .⋅}

George was kicked over, earning a large cut on his arm. Letting out a wail, he stumbled forward, only just managing to catch himself.

"Sapnap!"

Sapnap smiled, and swung his iron sword towards George again, managing to create a thin cut across his forehead.

"Oh hello Georgie! Remember that time you tried to kill me?" He let out an uncharacteristic giggle. "Payback time buddy."

Sapnap swung his sword, aiming it at George's heart. There was a metal clang and Sapnap was thrown backwards. George staggered up, grinning.

"You're gonna need to try a little harder then that."

Dream ran over, and promptly dumped a bucket of water over Sapnap.

Distraction skills 100.

Grabbing George's hand, Dream ran towards the portal and made a leap.

He crashed against obsidian.

Sapnap recovered and rushed over, proceeding to throw a bucket of water over George, turning this into a water fight. Some stray streams of water flowed over to the portal, breaking it.

Dream let out a groan of frustration and turned around, drawing his sword.

"Sapnap we don't wa-"

His pleas were cut off short by a narrow miss that would have resulted in a clean cut across the cheek.

"Yeah yeah, says every single cliché moment ever."

Dream barely had enough time to throw up his own sword again, and metal clashed against metal. Sapnaps eyes were alight, with some force that Dream couldn't quite put his finger on.

"Sapnap!"

"Oh Dream!"

There it was again, a slight shiver down his spine. It made his blood run cold. He was scared stiff, and just couldn't run away.

Coming out of nowhere, like a god damn tornado, George high jumped kicked Sapnap right at the waist.

Letting out a sound similar to a horse dying in Minecraft, Sapnap tumbled over, his eyes screwed shut in shock and pain.

George grabbed Dreams hand and rushed him over to the portal.

"LIGHT IT! DREAM LIGHT IT!"

Dream quickly switched to the flint and steel, striking them above the portal.

Nothing happened.

His eyes widened as he looked around. The water... the water!

"George, pick up the water!"

Pulling out a bucket with tumbling hands, he dropped the bucket onto Dreams foot. A loud clang and Dream dropped the flint and steel, howling in pain.

Hiss.

There Sapnap was, leaning against the portal frame, empty bucket in hand and a piece of obsidian inside the portal.

That mother trucker!

George's eyes widened, and he quickly took a few steps back.

"How-"

Grabbing George's hand, he pulled the smaller in a random direction and started to run.

"HE HAD LAVA BUCKET!"

George let out a small inaudible mumble.

"Repeat that George?"

"I'm sorry. Every time I try to be helpful I screw up e-"

"George we are not doing this again. Stop."

They kept running, Sapnap in hot pursuit. Dreams eyes scanned the horizon, trying to think of a way to escape from his clutches.

There was an ocean coming up, the very same ocean that Sapnap and Dream has filled their buckets of water with. Just beside it, was a birch forest.

Steering the both of them towards the trees, Dream springing off a small dune into a tree, managing to land on a branch. George, with less elegance, managed to grab on to the truck and hauls himself up.

After helping George up, Dream looked back towards the desert and noted the approaching figure still coming at them.

"Dream?"

"What?"

"I'm so tir-r-red." George panted, sitting down on his branch.

"I know... so am I."

Dream allowed himself to calm down, try to recover slightly before going onto the run again. He reached into his inventory to get food, only to discover he had run out.

"George, can you pass me some food?"

George threw over 4 cooked beef, which Dream quickly consumed. George chuckled.

"You know you just ate Billy?"

"... Billy?"

"I named the cow before I killed him."

"... How did you know it was a him."

"Well, as a guy myself... I have this instinct. This kind of third-sense. You know..."

Tuning out George's ramble, Dreams eyes drifted back towards the desert, before he let out a small gasp.

Where did Sapnap go...?

"George."

"And because of the cerebellum it he- yes Dream?"

Turning back to face his friend, Dream drew out his sword.

"We gotta get moving."

"Wh-"

They heard it too late.

The branch underneath them cracks, and the duo is sent plummeting to the floor. Dream manages to catch himself with a bucket, but George isn't so lucky, and is met with a face full of dirt.

The branch they had just been standing on was now reduced a singular stick, laying between them and someone else.

The two of the look up to see the slowly decaying leaves and remaining branches of the tree.

Someone had chopped down their tree.

And they knew exactly who it was.

Sapnap smiled down at them, a flint and steel held firmly in his hands. Dreams eyes widened and he jumped up.

"You know guys, people say 'don't mess with fire'..."

The ends of his lips curled up even further, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Because fire fights back."

He struck the flint and steel.

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading Chapter Nineteen!

I AM A DAY LATE BUT SCREW THAT.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DREAM!

WHOOOOOOO

CAN WE GET A POG IN THE CHAT.

(Also, I suddenly got the inspiration to make an incorrect quotes book with MCYT's, what do you guys think? Just as a small side thing. Idk if I should do it, probably won't.)

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote or else the next time you drink water it will actually turn into milk.

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««