{⋅. Twenty-Seven .⋅}

A low humid breeze, uncomfortably warm makes its way around the nether. It blew past the piglins and the hoglins. It made its way pasted the tall fungi trees that stood proudly in the nether.

There is a low hum of a ghast, although some say it could be the souls in the soul sand whispering for you to get lost. Or maybe perhaps it was the magma cubes squishing their way around, talking about whatever magma cubes talk about.

The rattle of skeleton bones, show that these skeletons never have to worry about burning in the daylight, because it didn't exist. The only way they would burn was treading into the dancing blue flames or walking off a side of a cliff into a warm bed of lava.

A low croak emitted from an enderman, as its purple eyes scan the cyan territory around him. It's a normal sight. Hoglins, tall cyan vines and warped trees as far as the eye could see.

What did catch the endermans eye was a man, with a white bandana wrapped around his head and two space buns tied up in his thick black hair. The man payed to attention to him, so in return, the enderman continued on with his day.

Sapnap.

He was equipped with a new polished set of iron, expect with a golden honey coloured helmet, which he wore like a crown. His new iron sword was now sharpened to perfection and was ready to serve as a Dream catcher to him.

Sapnap eyes gazed over the enderman, who had his back on him, as he chewed down some steak. They had to be close at this point, the compass was spinning much more now.

From using the compass, Sapnap learned that it always tracked the closer person to him, and that it didn't need to be updated unlike the ones they used for Manhunt. Which was helpful, to him... not to his friends.

Would you even call them friends? The desire to kill, them specifically, burned through everything else. It seemed to over take every thing else.

Sapnap was competitive. He didn't like to lose. So when he had a goal, he was going to do... whatever it god damn takes to achieve it.

And if it included murder?

Fine.

He would let a few bodies fall.

It didn't stop him from feeling bad when he slaughtered cows or sheep. Which Samsung found strange, but he never dwelled on it.

Why stop to think when you could stab?

◦𑁍◦

The nether fortress stood tall, gazing down at its two challengers. The entites inside rattles and sizzled, as if mocking the two of them, challenging them inside.

"You won't do it!" It seemed to whisper. "You can't do it! You should turn around before we make your life turn around."

But since when did they ever listen to whatever the haters said?

Dream turned over to George, giving his friend a reassuring glance.

"You ready?"

George let out a small huff as his eyes sized up the fortress.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

They started towering upwards, using netherack they mined along with some cobble they had brought with them from the world above.

They reached a window, covered by a fence.Breaking it down like the FBI, Dream and George had now officially breached the nether fortress.

An wither skeleton gave the two a sour look, before raising its arms and suddenly charging towards them. Waving his stone sword around.

In a flash, Dream places a line of cobblestone right above his head, 3 blocks off the ground. The skeleton bonked his forehead right into the cobble and just stood there, contemplating life.

"Wither skeletons are 3 blocks tall, so we can get through, but because Notch stole their kneecaps, they can't get us."

George scoffed and glanced back to the ashen skeleton.

"What an idiot."

They stared at the wither skeleton a little bit more before they burst out laughing.

The wither skeleton was not amused, as he tried to take a slash at Dream, missing by a long shot.

George smile and turned away, starting to walk down the hall towards a chest at the end. He opened it, and rummaged around.

"2 nether wart, 3 gold ingots and a saddle. Oh and there some golden horse armour."

Dream came over and peeked over George's  shoulder as he pulled out the contents of the chest.

"Keep the nether wart, we could probably brew some potions later. And the gold, could use it for trading."

George nodded and tossed over the nether wart to Dream. Together, they started climbing a staircase.

The staircase opened up to a open part of the fortress, that simply showed how big and maze like the whole thing was. More wither skeletons, along with zombie piglins wandered the lonely halls.

But there was something else that caught their eye.

A metallic blaze, with its 12 rods circling around him and alight. Its beady little eyes swept around him as he hovered in the air, finally landing on the duo.

Fwip.

Fwip.

Fwip.

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading the Chapter Twenty-Seven!

Sorry for the shorter chapter.

I know you've probably had this story told to you in many other books so I'll keep it short.

School sucks, I want to die, homework is piling and the only time I really have to write is under the covers of my blanket... I mean night.

<o/

So according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote out of the kindness of ur heart.

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««