{⋅. Eighteen .⋅}

"May...maybe not."

"What...?"

The three moved away from their hug, and turned back to the bubbling pit of fiery death.

Floating facedown on top of the lava, as if it was water, was the compass.

"OH THE SON OF A B-"

Sapnap trotted over to the edge and reached out, plucking the compass out of the lava. Shaking it to get someone the excess lava off, he turned the compass in his hand.

"I'm gonna kill whoever put us in here..."

George turned to Dream, a newfound wild panic spreading across his face like a wildfire.

"It's fire resistant? Is it invincible? Is it just gonna follow us around? Forever?"

Dream took a deep breath.

"Well, it hasn't affected us yet... so maybe it only works for you? As long as we keep that compass away from you, hopefully we should be good."

There was a look of fear in George's eyes, put it was quickly pushed down. Nodding, George pushed down his glasses.

"Kay, I guess Sapnap can just keep it tucked away in his inventory... would it work if we just buried it in the dessert?"

"We could try. Sapnap hand me the compass."

A beat of silence.

Dream turned around to look at Sapnap, who was still looking down at the compass.

"Sapnap, snap outta it."

Dream walked over to his friend, snapping a few times in front of his face.

Sapnaps eyes remained glued on the compass. The red needle was freaking out. Going around and around and around and... around... and around and around... and around. It kept spinning, becoming a blur and occasionally changing directions.

But it just kept going... round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round ("DREAM?") and round and round and round and round and round and ("SAPNAP?")  round and round and round and round and round...

"-EAM!"

There was a sharp tug on his arm, and Dream snapped out of it, shaking his head. He was now laying on the floor, as if someone pushed him over. George was standing up above him.

"DREAM WE NEED TO GO NOW!"

Scrambling up, Dream looked back at his friend, who was still watching the compass go around and round.

"But Sapnap... SAPNAP!"

George squeezed in between him and his friend, shaking his head.

"He's gone. Dream we gotta get into the portal... like now!"

"Sapna-"

George grabbed his hand and began dragging Dream towards the portal. Desperate to get to his other friend, Dream pushes him away and rushed back.

George stumbled back, and fell onto his bottom. A sudden rush of cold air enveloped him as his vision began to swim.

"Dream-"

Dream stopped at the sound of his name turned around back to the portal.

But no one was seen.

"George?"

His panic spiked and he quickly spun in a slow circle. Where did George go?

"George?!?"

He turned back to Sapnap, who was still watching the compass. Dream was torn. Does he help Sapnap, or go find George?

Suddenly the portal let out a scream and out from it came a ghast.

"WHAT?"

Turning its head towards Dream, it opens its mouth and fires. A hot, flaming fire charge hurls towards him, and Dream only manages to make it out in time. It hits the ground and creates a giant flaming crater.

"DREAAAAM!"

Turning back to the portal, Dream watched as George stumbled out, his hair smoking, as if it flames had just been put out from it.

George's eyes widened at the ghast.

"WHAT! I THOUGHT I KILLED IT!"

"CLEARLY NOT!"

The ghast floated up, blocking the suns rays and casting a huge shadow upon Dream. It opened its mouth and fired again. Drawing his blade, Dream threw all his strength on it, reflecting the fire charge to blow up on the ground in front of him.

He was sent flying slightly into the air, and landed beside George with a loud thump. The ghast let out a small cry, before sending another flaming meatball their way.

George quickly drew out his iron sword, and sent the fire charge back, only narrowly missing the ghast.

"Is it going to take you 10 minutes to kill this ghast again?"

"No. Dream not the time."

"Mhm okay whatever."

Another wail from the ghast above let's them know that another attack was inbound. George swung his sword like a baseball bat, sending the fire charge...

Straight back into the ghast.

The ghast let out one last scream before vanishing into smoke. Slain. Something dropped from the mist and fell down towards the sand.

"HOMERUN!" George squealed, jumping up in celebration.

Rolling his eyes, Dream patted George on the back and walked out into the desert, picking up what had fell.

A small, frozen tear. It seemed warm to the touch, and if you looked closely, you could see small grey particles swirling around inside of it. A ghast tear.

Grinning at his newfound discovery, Dream turned back to his friend, holding it up before almost dropping it in shock.

"GEORGE WATCH OUT!"

◦𑁍◦

Congrats on reading Chapter Eighteen!

This book is legally an adult now :)

ALSO WT F THANK YOU GUYS SO FREAKING MUCH FOR 10K (Now 11k What-) READS! THATS INSANE!

Also, according to Wattpad statistics, only a small percentage of you are voting. So vote or no birthday cake.

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««