Chapter 2 - "Good job"

The next day Ravioli was woken up by one of her teammates.

- Y/N!!! Good job on that kill last night! I owe you one!!

-... What are you talking about, Ale?

Y/N asked confused, slightly hangover.

-Last night's kill! Those two guys from another gang! If you hadn't accepted the job, it would've been my gig! And those guys are too scary for me!! They would've killed me the moment they saw me!!! Y/N you're the best!!

Alessandro was always the enthusiastic type, he's stand wasn't very strong, but Ale was smart, so he was able to take advantage of his stand weaknesses and flaws most of the times, but unfortunately not always.

- Ha, It was a piece of cake. You could've handled them, too. And how many times have I told you to not call me Y/N unless I have weapons in my hands??

- Come on, don't be grumpy! It's not like anyone can hear us in our hideout! Plus, it's not like knowing your first name is a piece of super important information, now is it?

-Sigh... Ale, you don't understand. Just call me Ravioli, like anyone in this organization. Only you three know about my first name. And I'm not planning on making it known to anyone else anytime soon.

-But why?? Y/N is such a nice name!!

Y/N sighed again as she got out of under her blanket.

Y/N headed towards the bathroom of the hideout with her clothes in her arms to get changed. Less than five minutes later she overheard Fabio and Alessandro arguing. She rolled her eyes just as she finished putting her long, black coat on. (Writer's note: you can dress however you like, but you're always wearing a coat just like Risotto's, with the one difference that it also has a hood)

Y/N's POV

I stepped out of the bathroom all dressed up, curious of seeing what my teammates were fighting about.

-You can't use that oil for cooking!!
-But why not???
-That's sunflower oil!!!
-Yes, what about it?!
-We're fucking gangsters! Not any gangsters, but Passione members!! We can afford to buy extra virgin olive oil!!!
-Cannolo, you're taking this too far!!
-Just let me do the cooking for the love of God!!! I'm the only one who knows what I'm doing in this house!!!

Fabio and Alessandro were fighting over cooking. Again. Fabio's dream before joining Passione was to become a chef if it's not about cooking he's a very chill guy, but if it is about cooking, then he was worse than Satan himself.

-Exactly because we're Passione members you shouldn't fight about something so trivial!!!

I stepped in after I was starting to get irritated by all their shouting.

-Oh, hi Y/N! Fancy morning today; did you wake up or did someone wake you up?
-Cannolo you're so mean!!
-Ravioli, Cannolo. Call me Ravioli.

I corrected Fabio in another subtle attempt to stop their arguing.

-Well, Y/N or Ravioli, you'll have to eat bread and butter for breakfast today, because someone here can't even cook a pancake!
-Cannolo shut up!!

Here they go. Fighting again. Can't Fabio just let it go for once?

-It's okay, I don't feel like eating anything today anyway.
-How come?
-Well...

I paused for a second, contemplating if I should tell them about what happened yesterday night or not

-It's nothing, I just don't feel like eating. I'm going to the store now. Do you guys need anything?
-Extra virgin olive oil!!
-Get me a box of ice-creams!
-Alright, see ya.

I decided not to tell them, I don't want to answer any more questions while I'm hangover. Ugh... My head hurts.

I headed to the store still feeling awful. I thought that I would feel better over time, but the opposite was happening.

Once I got to the store I picked out everything that I needed. It wasn't much, just some fruit and soap. I didn't forget about Fabio's and Alessandro's requests, of course. I don't even know why I'd gone to the store, I just felt like I had to. Maybe it was just the desire to get out of that uncomfortable conversation with Fabio.

Alessandro Piadina, Fabio Cannolo and Nicolo Grigio, those are the names of my teammates, Nicolo is our Capo. I'm the only one that goes only by my last name, only my three teammates know about my first name. We're an interesting team, to say the least. We're not really a team, we're more like a family where everyone minds their own business. Nicolo receives a job from the Boss, we discuss it, and someone does it. Sometimes we completely skip the "discussion" part, Nicolo just goes "Alright, who wanna do this? " and someone accepts the job to get paid early. Still, I can count the times we worked together in the last three years on the fingers of one hand. We're just a bunch of loners that still need a place to belong and people to trust.

***

It was almost six in the afternoon when our dear capo Nicolo showed up to the hideout.

-We got a mission.

Nicolo announced getting straight to the point.

-What mission?

Fabio asked curiously.

-It's an important one. Tonight, in less than two hours, four men are going to meet up outside of town in an abandoned warehouse. They've been stealing money from the organization and-
-And they have to be killed, I get it, I get it. So? Do you have someone in mind for this mission?

Alessandro interrupted him.

-That's the important part. We're all going.
-WE WHAT???

Fabio and Alessandro shouted perfectly synchronized.

-These four men are extremely dangerous. They possess powerful stands. We have to do this together.

Nicolo concluded the conversation.
So we're going to collaborate, huh? This is going to be entertaining.

-Oh and by the way Ravioli...

Nicolo said before going to his room.

-About yesterday's mission... Good job.

I let the tension in my shoulders disappear. I said a quick thank you before also going to get my things ready.
But as I was readying myself for the mission, those words wouldn't leave my thoughts.

"Good job"