ten

I awoke in a strange room and I didn't know where I was. I saw Jayden and Adam sitting beside me with worried looks on their faces. When they both realized I was awake they walked towards me.

"What happened?" I asked sleepily.

"You fainted again." answered Jayden.

"Wh- Is the baby okay?"

"The baby's fine Dr. Jennings will be here any minute." he said.

After a few minutes of silence, she came and sat down in her usual chair.

"Hi Lily. You collapsed again but this time it was due to stress. The baby's healthy, but I'm gonna double check ok?"

I nodded and lifted my dress as a blue material covered below it. Dr. Jennings squirted the cold gel in my stomach once again and began to move the scanner. And then, we heard the heartbeat again. I looked at Adam and he was in awe.

"You and the baby are both healthy for now. Your blood pressure is a little higher that usual, but nothing to worry about. You have to be careful, you're responsible for another life now. You can't be that active and stress is bad for the baby, so whatever caused this has to stop. Take care, Lily and I'll see you in 4 weeks."

"Ok thanks Dr. Jennings" I said.

She handed me a paper towel to clean the gel from my stomach and left. I pulled my dress back down and Jayden motioned to help me stand up.

"I'm fine." I said dryly, rejecting his help and standing up on my own.

After a completely silent car ride, we got home. Jayden made sure I was ok before leaving without saying a word to Adam. After he left, me and Adam sat in the living room.

"I should've known." he suddenly said.

"What?"

"About you and Jayden. I should've known. The way he looks at you. When you skipped school together. All the times I've seen you talking in low voices. The way he acted when I told him you were pregnant." he stated passive aggressively.

I didn't answer.

"How did it happen anyway?" asked Adam.

"What?" I was still disoriented.

"You and Jayden."

"It was at Tucker's party." I answered. "We were both really drunk and Jayden had just been in a fight with Logan McCoy because he wouldn't leave me alone and it just happened. I swear I didn't mean for any of this to happen but it did and now I just need you to be there for me. I need my brother." I said as tears came down my eyes.

"Hey, it's ok" he said comfortingly.

We were in opposite sides of the couch, but Adam walked towards me and gave me a hug. I fell into his embrace as I continued to sob.

"So you're ok with it? With Jayden being the father?" I said after a few minutes.

"No. But I'm gonna have to deal with it because it's my niece or nephew in there." he grinned.
"When are you gonna tell Mom and Dad?"

"I have no idea. I'm waiting for the right time so please don't tell them." I replied.

"Ok, but you have to tell them soon."

"I will."

I was thankful that Jayden hadn't told Adam about the date because I had taken enough today.

The next day, I woke up at 10:00am. This morning I wasn't so lucky and I felt sick until lunch where I drank a fruit smoothie and ate a leftover doughnut from breakfast. Adam was in his room the whole day and only came out twice: to eat and go to the bathroom. I was in the living room watching TV when I heard my mom call my name from upstairs.

"Honey, have you seen my grey bra? The one with the thin straps?" she asked.

"Oh yeah!" I said loudly so she could hear me. "It's in my underwear drawer..." I suddenly realized the huge mistake I had made.

If Mom checked my underwear drawer, she would find the ultrasound picture. I rushed upstairs to my room, but it was too late. She was holding the picture with her shaking hand and a shocked expression in her face. She looked down at my stomach.

"I-Is this yours?" pointing at the sonogram.

I nodded and my eyes started to tear up once again.

"I'm so sorry" I said. "It was an accident, Mom, I swear."

"Sh-h" she said shakily. "It's ok. Come here." she gave me a hug.

"You're not angry?"

"No. Surprised and a little shocked but not angry. I love you, Lily and I will support you with any decision you make."

"Thank you." I sniffled.

We sat in my bed and talked about things.

"Who knows so far?" asked my mom.

"Emma, Savannah, Ashley, Adam, and Jayden."

"Is Jayden the father?"

"...Yes. It's a long story. Wait how did you know?"

"A mother knows these things." she smirked.

"And how far along are you?"

"Eight weeks. And I already went to an appointment, clearly." I replied pointing at the picture.

"Good."

"Also I'm considering giving the baby up for adoption."

"Sweetie it's your choice and whatever it is that you do I will be there for you."

"Thanks mom." I smiled.

~~~
so now mom knows...
sorry i took so long to update everything's been really crazy lately.
hope you liked it.