thirteen

November flew by so quickly I didn't even notice I had a really faint bump as I looked at myself in the mirror before taking a shower. I was so tired and felt disgusting, but at least the morning sickness had gone away. I was really thankful for that.

Nate and I had gone out on a couple more dates. Each one better that the other. I was really happy but terrified of telling him about the baby. I was finally at a good place romantically, and I didn't want to ruin it. Jayden and Adam were on speaking terms. It had to happen at some point, I mean, they couldn't avoid each other forever. Next thing you know, Jayden was back at our house like every other day. It's as if nothing had happened.

Of course, there was an unspoken tension when Adam, Jayden, and I were in the same room, but all of us ignored it.

It had been a stressful week regarding school and I was grateful that it was Saturday at last.

I was heading out of the bathroom when I bumped into someone. "Ow-what the hell?" I noticed a pair of strong arms hold me tightly to prevent me from falling. I made eye contact with Jayden and let go of his arms. He starts, "Uh-sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." I cut him off. I just wanted to get out of there to avoid further embarrassment.

"L-let me know when you're ready so we can go." Jayden said. Today was our appointment with Dr. Jennings.

We kept making eye contact, until I remembered he had said something. "Yeah, ok."

In my room, I struggled to find something to wear. I obviously wasn't huge yet, but certain items of clothing were not that flattering anymore. I decided to wear an overall dress with a cardigan on top.

I went to Adam's room, where he and Jayden were, and let Jayden know I was ready

I went to Adam's room, where he and Jayden were, and let Jayden know I was ready. I was slightly annoyed when he kept staring at me on the way to the appointment .

~~~
Jayden's POV

"Earth to Jayden? Hello?" said Adam waving his hand with the game controller in front of my face.

"Yeah?" I snapped out of my trance. I kept thinking about Lily. I couldn't stop. She looked so beautiful just out of the shower, her wet blonde hair falling down her face.

I guess you could say Lily and I were getting closer, but not romantically of course. Since Adam had finally accepted the truth, we could be in the same room without him beating the complete shit out of me. We made conversation often about a lot of things and we were really comfortable with each other. We've caught each other going to the kitchen at the same time for a late night snack and talk or just keep each other company.

We could even go to the extent of calling each other friends. Not that we weren't before, but I had never really talked to Lily that much. Mind you, I had always thought she was beautiful and funny, and that night at Tucker's party had been in the back of my mind ever since, but she was just my best friend's little sister you know?

Now it's different. Everything has changed.

"You okay, dude?"

"Yeah, I just-"

"I'm ready." Lily was standing on the doorway. Fuck. She was breathtaking.

"Just let us finish this level. We're so close. Plus, you owe me." Jayden said to Lily. "I owe you?" she questioned with a mildly angry look on her face.

"Yeah. May I remind you the situation you're in and how you got there?" he said looking between Lily and me. Lily started to blush and I looked down at my shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Fine." Lily said with gritted teeth. "I'm gonna grab a snack and wait for you downstairs." she directed to me.

After Lily left, Adam had a smug look on his face. "What?" I asked.

"You really like her don't you?" he said knowingly. It felt as if my mom was asking me about my sex life.

"Wha- No,I-"

"Jayden, I've known you since forever. I've never seen you so nervous and disoriented around a girl before. Just don't hurt her." Adam warns. "She's been through enough. You two will be committed to each other for the rest of your lives whether you like it or not. Hell, I don't even like it, but it is what it is."

"I know. I wouldn't do anything to hurt Lily, that's a promise. And I don't like her that way, so you have nothing to worry about." I said truthfully. Well, maybe partly.

"Oh, yeah? You have a little drool by the way." he smirked and started to laugh. I joined in while telling him to shut up and hitting him with a nearby pillow.

~~~

On the car, I kept looking at Lily because I'd be completely stupid not to. She was so effortlessly beautiful and I just couldn't get her out of my mind. But I had to, for the sake of this kid. And besides, she was in a relationship, what was I meant to do?

When we arrived and checked in, Lily seemed shaky and I could tell she still wasn't completely used to the idea of bringing a child into the world at our age. After they called us in, we said our hello's to Dr. Jennings and Lily sat down. She had a look on her face that I couldn't quite figure out.

When Lily lifted her dress so that Dr. Jennings could do the ultrasound, I was shocked to see a tiny bump. I mean, I knew Lily would start showing at some point, but it made everything seem so real. I just couldn't believe an actual human being was growing inside of her. Something we had created.

To be honest, I was still getting used to the idea of becoming a dad at such a young age, but I was going to be there for this baby no matter what. I was going to make sure that my kid grew up with both their parents. Everyone deserves that.

Adam was right, this was forever. And I couldn't fuck this up. Not this.

"Ok, the everything looks fine. The fetus is about the size of an apricot right now." Dr. Jennings said as the ultrasound popped up in the screen.

Even though we had already seen the baby and heard its heartbeat, it still shocked me. It looked much bigger than the first time we laid eyes on it.

"So, how have you been Lily? Has the morning sickness gone away?" the doctor asked after she turned off the ultrasound.

"I'm fine. Thankfully, the sickness has stopped. I don't know what I would've done if I had to go through that for nine months." Lily answered with a soft smile and a chuckle.

After Dr. Jennings gave us more details about the pregnancy and we settled a date for the next appointment in a month or so, Lily and I were in the car.

After getting milkshakes Lily was craving, I dropped her off at her house, and then drove to my own house because I had a lot to do. Most importantly, I had to tell my mom about the baby.

As I walked through the door, I smelled glory. I instantly knew that my mom was making my favorite pasta with garlic bread.

"Hey honey, dinner's ready!" she says proudly. Since she works so hard for so much hours we barely have time to eat together, especially such an elaborated home-cooked meal.

"Looks delicious" It really did.

While eating, I was trying to figure out how to bring the topic of Lily's pregnancy to the table.

"What's the matter, sweetheart? You're quieter than usual." my mom asks concernedly.

"Yeah, I just- I need to tell you something."

"What is it"

"I got a girl pregnant."

~~~
heyyyy!
i am genuinely so so so sorry for not posting in so long
i just lost inspiration for so long i didn't know what to write
im not sure when the next update will be but im going to try to be more consistent
again im so sorry