twelve

Jayden's house was really quiet when we got there. It always was. I wished my house was this quiet and I got to be alone most of the time. But then again I was grateful that I had both my parents and Adam.

"Do you want anything to drink or eat?" Jayden asked me. We were in the living room table with our stuff piled around. "Yeah some water please." I said. I didn't ask for anything to eat because my stomach felt a little queasy. "Coming right up." he teased.

About fifteen minutes later, we were on full work mode and Jayden had made himself a sandwich. A bologna sandwich. With mustard. I couldn't stand the smell. It took everything in me not to physically gag until I felt something rush up my mouth and found myself immediately running to the bathroom.

When I finished emptying my stomach, I flushed the toilet, turned around and saw Jayden leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed. He had a worried look on his face. "Is it getting worse?"

"I guess. It's been like this for a whole month so I'm used to it already. But it should stop soon so." I answered. I couldn't wait for the sickness to stop.

"Are you okay, though? Do you need anything?" Jayden offered. The gesture seemed sweet, but I was fine and I just wanted to get this over with to go home.

"I'm fine, Jayden."

~~~
We were back in the living room, and Jayden wouldn't stop looking at me. I pretended not to notice but I couldn't help but blush. "You're beautiful, Lily." he said. Damn it.

"Stop."

"Stop what?" Jayden asked cluelessly. He did that thing with his eyes again.

"That! Stop looking at me like that! And stop calling me beautiful in moments like these. You know exactly what you're doing, Jayden."

"Is this about that Williams guy? I saw you two at lunch today. Guy looks like a total douche if you ask me." he said. Was he really the one to talk? He didn't even know Nate!

"Well, I didn't ask you. Can we just drop it and get this over with?" I asked, not wanting to keep arguing.

"Fine."

Silence. For about half an hour, Jayden and I sat there working quietly with the occasional doubt or comment on out project. I looked at Jayden, and he seemed conflicted and was going to say something when suddenly we heard the sound of the front door being unlocked. We were surprised but didn't panic because it wasn't like we were hooking up or anything.

"Oh...Hey, Lily!" said Jayden's mom, who looked surprised but delighted. "Hey, Ms. Walker!"

We made small talk for a couple of minutes but Jayden mentioned that we had a lot of work to do, so Jayden's mother left. "She doesn't know right?" I asked. Jayden shook his head. "Wait, so you're keeping the baby for sure?" he asked in a hushed tone, careful not to be heard.

"Yeah I thought it was clear when I broke down to tears at the abortion clinic." I figured it was pretty obvious. "I mean about adoption. I didn't really see a point in telling my mom if you're giving the baby up."

I thought about it for a while. The truth is I had considered it, but I wasn't sure. I mean, of course this was not the ideal situation. We were both teenagers and didn't know the first thing about taking care of a kid. Adoption was a good alternative, but if I was being honest, I had gotten a little attached. I was scared that when it would be time to hand the baby to its parents, I wasn't going to be able to go through with it.

"I'm not sure yet." I said truthfully. "I mean I want to keep the baby, but it's not so easy." Even though the final decision was up to me, I wanted to know his opinion and how he felt about the whole thing.

"Lily, if you do keep the baby can we do this together? I want to be there for my kid. Everyone deserves to grow up with a dad and even though we're young and this wasn't on purpose, I want to be there. I wouldn't dream of leaving you to do this alone." Jayden said sounding serious. It hadn't dawned on me how important it was for him. His father had left when he was little, and I could tell he would do anything for his child not to go through the same thing he did.

"Of course, Jayden." I was at a loss of words. I knew this baby was starting to mean a lot to him, and that he didn't want to screw it up.

~~~
hey! i'm sorry for this filler chapter i kind of have writer's block. and i've been really busy, but i'll try to update as soon as possible.