six

Jayden drove me home and when I entered the house I found my mom sitting anxiously in the kitchen.

"Where have you been?! The school called me earlier saying that you left the class and never came back!" she said as she walked towards me.

"I felt sick and I was with Jayden when it happened so he offered me a ride home and we stopped for ice cream. Geez relax."

"So Jayden skipped school too? And why didn't you call me or say anything?"

"Mom we only missed one class. And I didn't want to bother you you've been really busy lately and it was just a stomach bug I'm fine."

"Ok. I'm just glad you're all right. But next time you feel sick call me or I'm gonna take your phone away. And don't skip classes again."

"Ok."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

I went upstairs to take a shower. When I got to the bathroom I took my clothes off and checked myself in the mirror. My eyes went straight to my stomach, but luckily I still hadn't gained any weight.

After my shower I put my pajamas on and opened my phone and saw that I had a few text messages, so I decided to check them.

The first one was from Emma:
"hey. just letting you know that whatever you need i'm here. did you decide on what to do?"

I responded:
"yeah. it's a long story but i told jayden and he's going with me to you know..."

The second one was from Savannah:
"listen so my brother's girlfriend's mom's sister works at an abortion clinic nearby here's their contact"

I responded:
"wow thanks a lot xx"

I grabbed my computer and searched the abortion clinic Savannah had suggested. I was about to make an appointment when I heard someone knock at my door.

"Come in."

It was Adam. He had a smirk on his face. I closed my computer as fast as possible when I saw him.

"What do you want?" I said rolling my eyes.

"I heard you skipped school today."

"No I didn't! I mean, technically I did. I threw up at school today and Jayden was there so he offered me to bring me home. We only missed one class."

"Since when are you friends with Jayden?"

"I'm not. But I got sick and he was just being a decent human being."

"Ok. Anyways, Mom sent me up here to tell you that dinner's ready."

As Adam and I walked downstairs, the nastiest smell filled my nostrils. I pretended like everything was fine, but it was hard.

"What's for dinner?"

"Pasta with red sauce. Your favorite." my mom replied.

"Right." I said faking a smile

I sat at the table and completely lost my appetite when I saw and smelled the pasta even more.  I didn't understand what was happening to me. Pasta with red sauce had always been my favorite. I hesitantly took one bite and was surprised when it stayed down. I managed to eat the whole plate without puking.