twenty-one

I glared at Nate like I never had before. How could he do this to me? I sat in my usual seat, unfortunately the one beside him, and tried my best to keep my calm.

"Lily, you okay?" He whispered as if he were fucking clueless.

"I can't believe you." I said sourly. "How could you?!"

He looked confused. "How could I what?" Jesus Christ.

I couldn't take it anymore. "Everyone knows about me! You're the only person I've told recently, and all of a sudden the whole school knows that I'm pregnant."

"What? Lily, I'm so sorry." He said. "But I didn't say anything to anyone. I swear. I mean, I know we broke up, but I would never do that to you." He looked into my eyes and I could tell he was telling the truth. Fuck.

I sighed and told him I believed him. But now I was even more confused. I spent the whole class thinking about everything and who could have possibly spilled my secret.

On my way to second period, I saw Jayden across the hallway with a worried look on his face. Once he laid eyes on me he rushed towards me, grabbed my shoulder, and asked, "Hey, are you okay? I heard..."

"Am I okay? Gee Jayden, I don't know. Other than the fact that the whole fucking school found out that I'm having a baby?!" I exclaim sarcastically.

"Shh, come here." He pulled me into, and I sobbed into his chest.

"It's gonna be okay. People were going to find out at some point. I'm just sorry that it had to be this way." I froze as I grew angry.

I let go of his embrace and said, "Easy for you to say! You're not the one being slut shamed left and right and being constantly stared at. You get to go through this without any judgement whatsoever as if nothing has changed while I take all the shit and look like a fucking planet." I motioned to my growing belly.

He laughed. He fucking laughed. "Ok, first of all you don't look like a planet. You look beautiful. As always." He stated sincerely. "And second, I know. And I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do. If I could, I would trade places with you in a second." He hugged me once more and kissed the top of my head. We stayed like this until I felt a little better and then each headed to our classes.

At lunch, I kept getting judgmental looks, but by this point I was used to it to be honest. I didn't really care anymore, I just wanted to get today over with. I sat with my friends and we talked as if nothing was going on, which they knew made me feel a lot better.

"Hey." Said a voice. I turned around and saw Ashley.

"Hey." I gave her a small smile.

"Listen, I heard about everything and I'm really sorry." She said as she sat down on our table.

While we had made up, it still felt weird having her around. Savannah and Emma were really reserved any time she was around. I guess it still took some getting used to.

Out of nowhere, we heard a fight break out on the other side of the cafeteria.

"Are you fucking kidding me? As if today hasn't been eventful enough." I commented. I glanced to see what was going on but couldn't really make out what was happening. I gave up and turned around because I was starving and really wanted to get back to my sandwich. Plus, I had bigger things on my mind than a pointless fight between some stupid boys.

"Lily..." said Savannah in an ominous tone.

"What?" I replied nonchalantly in between bites.

"It's Adam."