seventeen

Lily's POV

On the ride home from school, I told Adam about everything with Ashley. He seemed relieved that I knew the truth.

"I wanna talk to Sarah. What she did was really fucked up." said Adam.

"It's not worth it, Adam."

"She deserves to get kicked off of the cheerleading team!"

"I'm over it, to be honest. It sucks that she got away with it, but it is what it is." I said. He looked a little more calm and then said, "I'm glad you know, though."

"Yeah, but how did you know?" I questioned.

"I ran into her at the park the other day and she told me about it." he explained with a hint of a blush creeping up on his face.

Later at home, I called Savannah and Emma and told them everything.

"You're sure?" asked Emma.

"Yes I'm sure. She explained everything. It was Sarah."

"I'm gonna giver her a piece of my fucking mind, just you wait-"

"Savannah!" I exclaimed, laughing at her impulsiveness.

"So Ashley's really not going to say anything about the baby?" asked Emma, changing the subject.

"No. Anyways she's known for a while. If she was going to say anything she would've done so by now."

"Ok good."

~ ~ ~
On Friday, I was getting ready for my date with Nate. I was really excited to put on this dress I had bought a few months ago. After I showered, I was putting it on but the zipper didn't close.

"Hey, Adam!" I always called my brother for help on these kinds of things.

"Yeah?" he said slightly annoyed.

"Zip me up." I said turning around.

Nothing. The zipper moved maybe half an inch. Adam tried again, but it was useless.

"Yeah, this isn't working. Maybe Mom should take you to buy maternity clothes because you're starting to actually look pregnant..."

"Shut up, no I'm not." I said turning sideways and looking at myself in the mirror. That's when I noticed the bump. It didn't really look like I was just bloated anymore. Lately I was just mindlessly ignoring my reflection every time I got dressed or showered and I was wearing pretty baggy clothes to school so I hadn't even thought about it. My eyes began to water at the thought.

"Hey hey hey don't cry." Adam said with a soft voice.

"But I look like a fucking whale!"

"No you don't! If you think you look like a whale now, you have like 6 more months of this you're not even half-" Adam stopped talking when he saw the death glare I was giving him and then said under his breath, "Ok, not helping."

"I have a date with Nate. I can't show up like this!" I said frantically.

"Then just don't go." Adam smirked. He didn't really like Nate. "Just kidding." he said with wide eyes when he saw my expression. "You can wear something else. It's ok."

"I can't believe this is happening." I said now more calmly. "It just feels so real now."

After about a minute of silence, I said, "I have to tell him."

"Yeah. You do."

I let out a sigh. "I'm scared." My eyes started to fill with tears again.

"I know. You're doing that thing where you bite the inside of your cheeks." he said with a small smile. "I don't know what to say, Lily. Of course you should be scared. If a girl I was dating told me she was pregnant with another dude's kid, I would freak."