nine

I entered the house as Jayden started to leave and I felt butterflies in my stomach. Why was he like this? Every time we kissed it was like a magnetic force was pulling us together.

I went up to my room and sat on my bed. I opened my bag and reached for the sonogram picture. I looked at it as I touched my stomach.

"Hey baby. I'm your mom. That sounds pretty weird doesn't it?" I laughed. "I love you. And I want you to remember that. I want to give you your best chance and I'm not entirely sure if it's with me. I want what's best for you so please understand. If I give you up for adoption, it's because I know it's your best shot at life."

My eyes started to tear up, but I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and put the picture in my underwear drawer. I started to do my homework and finished it quickly. I took out my computer and watched Grey's Anatomy for a while before sleep started to take over my whole body.

~~~

The next day I woke up and, to my surprise, didn't get the urge to puke my guts out. Same thing as yesterday happened at breakfast with Adam. When would he ever get over it? Today I put on a sweatshirt tucked in my bra and a tennis skirt with some white sneakers.

 When would he ever get over it? Today I put on a sweatshirt tucked in my bra and a tennis skirt with some white sneakers

It was a normal school day until cheer practice. We were all gonna get weighed as we usually did once a month and clearly my weight was going to be higher than usual. As Dr. Jennings had told me yesterday, I couldn't be doing a lot of exercise, which cheerleading provided. I had no choice but to quit.

When the final bell rang, I went to my locker and put all my books away except the ones I needed to study. I headed towards the field ready to tell Sarah that I couldn't be on the team anymore.

"Can we talk?" I asked her once I got there.

"Quick. I have a lot to do."

"I quit."

"What do you mean?" Sarah laughed.

"I don't want to be a cheerleader anymore."

"Fine. But don't expect a spot once you come back crying to me about how your life sucks and you want your cheer uniform back."

"I have better things to do." I said turning around.

Emma had agreed to give me a ride so I was walking to her car when someone was calling me.

"Hey Lily!" said a voice.

It was Nate Williams. He was a really nice guy and not at all bad to look at. Today we had worked together on an english project and he had actually been really cool.

"Hey! What's up?"

"I-uh I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out with me sometime maybe?" he asked politely.

Woah. I was not expecting that at all. I didn't really know what to say. I mean, I was flattered, but I was pregnant and in an awkward situation with Jayden.