four

This morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I was so tired. It had been a very long weekend full of regret, guilt, and rethinking. I heard my mom call me down for breakfast. I wanted to be comfortable today so I wore sweatpants and a crop top.

When I got downstairs Adam was already in the kitchen having breakfast

When I got downstairs Adam was already in the kitchen having breakfast. I grabbed a toast and ate it quickly. Dad was reading the newspaper as usual before kissing my mom goodbye and heading to work.

"Ok let's go." Adam said suddenly.

"What? It's 7:43 we usually don't leave until like 8:00." I said while checking the time.

"Jayden asked me for a ride to school today so we have to leave a earlier than usual." he explained.

I started to panic. What?! I couldn't be in that car with Jayden after what happened on Friday. I didn't know what to do.

"...Ok." I said

We left to pick Jayden up. When we got there, I avoided eye contact and started using my phone. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I wondered if he was also thinking about me.

"Hey man! Hey Lily." said Jayden.

"Hi." I said looking at my phone.

The whole car ride was pretty awkward, but Jayden and Adam were talking most of the time. I didn't know how to act. I had sex with my brother's best friend. Jayden was acting as if nothing happened. I wish nothing had happened. I wish I wasn't constantly thinking of him and how caring but hot he was.

We got to school and I rushed to the entrance. But before I could enter, I felt someone grab me. It was Jayden.

"We have to talk" he said

"Not now"

"When?"

"I don't know let's just pretend that nothing happened. We don't have to talk about it. Ever." I replied.

"Fine. Your choice."

Jayden left and I felt horrible. I did the right thing, though. It was a stupid one night stand and nothing more. If I had feelings for Jayden, I had to get over it. We couldn't happen. He probably thought I was just another one of his hook ups. I probably was.

In biology, Jayden and I were still lab partners. Just what I needed. We didn't really talk much. We just talked about the work.

The morning passed quickly and I was walking towards the cafeteria when I was shoved inside a classroom.

"What the fuck?!"

I turned around and saw Jayden again.

"You have to stop doing that!" I said angrily.

"We have to talk"

"Jayden, I already told you we-"

In that moment Jayden kissed me. His hands went down to my waist and he started kissing my neck. I wanted to keep kissing him but I couldn't.

"We can't" I whispered.

He pulled away with a frown.

"I can't stop thinking about you. I've been trying to get you out of my fucking head but I can't. Tell me you feel the same way."

"I...we can't do this. You know we can't."

"Who says we can't? Screw Adam. I like you. I've liked you for some time now and we don't know what's gonna happen but I don't care."

I had never seen Jayden be so open about his emotions. One time when we were little, he fell and hit his arm while playing in the backyard with Adam and he acted like it was nothing. He had to go to the hospital because it was broken. Jayden said that it didn't hurt, but we all knew it did. I had no idea that Jayden liked me. I liked him too, but it wasn't that simple.

"He's your best friend and I'm his little sister."

"Lily, please"

"Let's just forget any of this ever happened. You do your thing and I do mine. Nothing happened. Now if you don't mind I'm going to lunch and I'd appreciate it if you stopped grabbing me randomly."

I left the classroom with teary eyes but i wiped them away with my hands and headed to the cafeteria. Why was I so affected by a meaningless one night stand? I grabbed my lunch and saw Savannah and Emma at a table so I sat with them.

"Hey Lily! What took you so long?" asked Emma.

"Jayden wanted to talk."

Savannah and I had told Emma about the whole situation on Saturday including what happened with Logan. She broke up with him and seems relatively happy considering she ended a very important relationship.

"Talk? What did he say?" asked Savannah.

I told them about how he admitted his feeling for me and I said we couldn't be together and to just forget anything happened.

"What?! But it's Jayden Walker we're talking about. You've had a crush on him since like forever." said Emma.

"I know, but I don't want to hurt Adam. Jayden is his best friend. Plus, he's a player. I'd only be hurting myself if I got involved with him" I explained

"That's the thing Lily you're already involved with him"  said Savannah.

Fuck.

~~~
another chapter!
what did you think?
what do you want to see more of?
hope you liked it
there's more coming soon...