fourteen

Jayden's POV

"Pregnant?" Mom asked so softly, I could barely hear her. Her eyes looked like they were about to pop out.

"I'm so sorry, Mom. It was an accident." I said truthfully, though I knew it didn't make up for much.

She definitely looked surprised, but sympathetic. "Who is it?"

I hesitated to tell her. "Lily."

"Lily Conway?" she asked. There was a slight shake in her voice. Deep down, I could tell she already knew it was her. She was the only Lily we knew whom I would refer to only by her first name.

"Yes." My mom gave a deep sigh. She had known Lily ever since I'd been friends with Adam. She watched her grow up and cared for her a great deal.

"Well- what are you going to do? Do you know? How far along is she? Have you gone to an appointment- Do you even-"

"Mom." I interrupted her.

"What?" she asked with a harsher tone. "I love you and I'll support you no matter what, but baby this is the last thing I wanted for you. I had you at 20. I know what it's like to feel this terrified, to doubt the future so much. I thought you would have known better." she said. I felt like 200 tons of lead had been thrown on top of me. I knew my mom struggled so much while raising me, yet I made the same mistake she did. "I did too." I said honestly, looking into her eyes.

After a few minutes of silence, spent watching my mother ponder on the news, she opened her mouth once more as if to say something. "And Lily? Is she okay? How did that happen?" she finally asked, surprisingly calmly.

"Yeah, she's okay. She's 12 weeks along. It was a one time thing at a party. Not going to happen again."

"Mhm" Mom mumbled with a strange look on her face which I ignored. "We'll talk more about this tomorrow." She didn't seem angry, just disappointed.

As I started walking towards the stairs to go to my room, I stopped, turned around, and said, "She's keeping it."

Mom had begun doing the dishes but suddenly I heard the water turn off and a plate fall in the sink.

"Then you better not bail." she said turning around. She spoke with a tone implying that I might turn into my father. That I might run away like a fucking coward.

"I'm not him." I wasn't. I knew I wasn't. And it hurt for my mother to even assume that a single ounce of my being could ever be like him.

"I know you're not. I raised you better than that. But it's hard. Do you have any idea how many times I've wondered what my life would be if I hadn't kept you? I mean, not that I would change a single thing" she replied with a small smile. "I love you, kid." She walked towards me and gave me a kiss in the forehead before saying good night.

~ ~ ~
The next morning, I was met with even more questions and comments than last night.

"Did you go to an appointment already?"

"Yes. Everything's fine. I have a picture of the ultrasound if you want to see it. It's pretty cool." I said with an involuntary grin slightly appearing on my face.

While watching the picture in awe, she asked, "Does Adam know?" I told her everything that happened between us and also told her that their parents know too.

"Oh sweetheart..." my mom said. Then, she scoffed. "You kind of deserved that?"

"What?"

"Well, you know the girl practically ever since she was born, you spend years by her side being like a big brother to her, your best friend has so much confidence with you, and you go and knock his sister up on a one night stand?" she said, simply stating the facts. "You've got some balls."

"I know."

~ ~ ~
Lily's POV

These last weeks have been a fucking roller coaster to say the least. If you would have told me a couple months ago that I would be carrying Jayden Walker's child, I would have without a doubt passed out. So much of my life had changed. I missed cheerleading. I missed my old body, even though I was barely showing. I missed when there was no awkwardness at the dinner table or every second of every waking moment spent with my family.

Adam was a lot better now, though. For one, he was actually talking to me. Slowly things were going back to normal, which made me really happy. "Hey, I made pancakes if you want some. Mom bought nutella and strawberries too." he said entering the living room on Sunday morning while I was watching TV. He knew that was my favorite breakfast of all time.

"Ooh thanks."

As I was devouring the glory that were the pancakes with strawberries and nutella, the doorbell rang. Perfect timing. "Hey, Adam, can you get that?" I asked with my mouth half full.

The door opened and I heard Adam say,"And you are?"

"Nate. Nate Williams." I heard a voice faintly say.

I rushed to the front door to avoid further interactions between my brother and my sort of boyfriend.

"Hey, Nate! Adam, can you give us a sec?"

"Sure." Adam said suspiciously looking between Nate and me. He went in and Nate and I sat on the front porch swing.

"So..."

"I just wanted to stop by and see if you were free today? Maybe we could go for some ice cream or something." Nate said smiling. "Yeah of course. I could really use the distraction." I answered.

"From what?"

I hesitated. "N-nothing. I've just been doing homework the whole weekend so."

"Then let's go." he said with a grin.

~ ~ ~
hey!!
we finally got to meet jayden's mom better!she kind of gives me a julia roberts vibe.
hopefully i can update soon i already have some ideas so maybe by the end of this week<3