seven

"Wait!" I shouted.

The sound stopped at once.

"What is it Lily? Do you want to stop?" Dr. Jennings asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry I can't."

"Don't worry it's completely fine. This is a very hard thing to do." she said putting everything away.

"Fuck" I said under my breath.

"So this is your final decision? You're gonna keep the baby?"

"You know I always thought that if I got accidentally pregnant, I would get an abortion. But it's not that easy and I thought it was. I thought this was just killing a couple of cells but it's my baby. I'm not ready to be a mom but I'm not ready for this either."

"I don't know but somehow, sometime, somewhere you did become a mom. In this room right in this moment you are acting and thinking like a mom." said Dr. Jennings smiling.

"Now, since you are keeping this baby we do have an OB-GYN department and luckily I'm the head of it so you'll be seeing me in 3 weeks."

"Ok thanks."

We looked over the details of the next appointment and after I got dressed I went out and saw Jayden sitting in the waiting room. He was fidgeting with his fingers anxiously, but then he saw me.

"That was quick." he said getting up.

I frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"I couldn't do it. I-I couldn't." I said bursting into tears.

Jayden pulled me into a hug and just held me. I didn't care if anyone was staring at us, I just needed someone to comfort me.

"Hey. It's okay. We'll get through this together." he said rubbing my back.

We left the clinic and went to the car.

"What happened in there?" said Jayden after he noticed I was more calm now.

"I just couldn't do it. I thought I could but I was wrong."

"Well it's fine don't worry."

"It's not. I slept with my brother's best friend and now I'm pregnant."

"When are you going to tell your parents? And Adam?"asked Jayden.

"I should probably tell them soon. They're gonna find out either way." I said looking at my stomach.

"Adam's gonna kill me." he said shaking his head.

"He doesn't have to know."

"Of course he does. He's my best friend."

"And that's exactly why."

"It's my kid in there and he deserves to know."

"Fine. It's your funeral."

Several silent minutes passed until a thought popped into my head.

"What are we thinking? We can't have a baby. We aren't ready to be parents."

"Sure we can. I'm not going anywhere and you've got this. You couldn't get the abortion for a reason and this is it."

"How do you know?"

"I just do. Hey, trust me." he smirked.

Jayden dropped me off and I was careful not to open the door too much because Adam was in the living room and he was going to see Jayden's car. When I saw Adam, I noticed he was eating egg salad and normally I would've asked him for a bite but I was completely disgusted. I sat beside him and started to watch whatever he was watching. His plate caught my eye and the smell was enough to make me feel something come up my throat. I quickly ran to the bathroom and threw my lunch up.

"Whoa! You okay?" said Adam shouted from the living room.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just had a really big lunch today." I said as I finished vomiting.

I came out of the bathroom and Adam was by the door. He was staring at me curiously.

"Okay, what the hell is going on with you?"

"What do you mean? I'm fine."

"No you're not. You're always getting sick and you've been pretty out of it lately."

"There's nothing going on I just-"

"That's complete bullshit! Whatever it is, you can tell me."

"It's bad. It's really bad."

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything."

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I asked making sure it was safe to tell him.

"Promise."

"I-uhm..."

"Just spit it out."

"I'm pregnant."

Adam didn't say anything for a while. He just stood there staring at me with his eyes wide open.

"Say something."

"What do you want me to say?!"

"Adam-" I said reaching for his arm.

"Don't." he said pushing me away.

Adam took his keys from the kitchen counter and left through the front door. After the door closed, I sat on the floor and started balling my eyes out. At this point I didn't even know how many times I had cried in the past 24 hours. I decided to make myself a grilled cheese. I watched netflix for a while and then called Emma and Savannah to tell them everything that happened.

~~~
sorry it took so long i was editing the other chapters.
if you want you can go check them out again because i fixed some things.
i also added more character aesthetics.
i hope you liked this chapter
there's more coming soon.....