five .

i am speedrunning this chapter

-

ayame couldn't comprehend what was happening.

first she was at the abandoned building, then the next thing she knew riku was brought to a nearby hospital for treatment, while ayame herself was brought back home by the notably tall, blindfolded man wearing all black and a spiky white hair like damn how much hair gel - yeah he's a pretty interesting character.

if ayame could say something about all of this, it would be the fact that it was all going fast. too fast. as if she was in a story, and the author was rushing to get this arc done because they became tired of it.

turns out, the blindfolded man's name was gojou satoru (but you already know that, wink wink). he was, indeed, the person ayame had made eye contact with at a random cafe two days ago.

and that man did, in fact, witness how ayame embarrassed herself within the eyes of public as well as how she wacked a cursed spirit in the corner of a small, peaceful cafe.

yikes. ayame does not want to remember that.

which brings us to the present.

"tokyo metropolitan... curse - what?"

gojou snapped his fingers. "exactly that! i am here to recommend you on enrolling into the school."

the two stared at each other (well, ayame could only see some black cloth) for a solid five minutes.

...

"uhhhh...."

"simply put, you go there to become a jujutsu sorcerer."

a light bulb lit up in ayame's head.

"oh."

"yup, pretty much."

"oh, i see." ayame rubbed her chin with a slight crease on her forehead. then, she turned to her parents, who were sitting beside her. "is mom and dad okay with this?"

"we're fine." ms. ohashi said as her husband crossed his arms. "well, i'm fine with it, at least. it all depends on you. you don't have any plans after junior high, right?"

"uhh..."

well, it's true. she didn't know where to go next, what career she should settle on, what she liked and all that blablabla stuff. if she still couldn't decide, ayame would've just settled for a public high school and go with the flow.

but... becoming a jujutsu sorcerer?

ayame blinked.

wasn't that why her grandma taught her all that stuff about her technique? letting go of such chance would be a waste. her grandmother's teachings would become meaningless.

ayame stared at the pink macaron in front of her when gojou's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"you don't have to decide now. you still have.. what, a month before graduation? that's plenty of time to think."

"ah.. yeah..."

going to a school to become a jujutsu sorcerer... she couldn't believe she never considered that path before.